Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bais Yaakov of Boro Park Information
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 1:47 am
My daughter is currently in Kindergarten and I'd like to change her to Bais Yaakov of Boro Park for first grade. I chose this school because it's the only neutral school in Boro Park. I heard that over all it's a well run school. Could anybody who has children in BYBP please give me more specifics. Do you feel that because the school is so big a child could get lost in the system? About how many girls do they have per class, per grade? Do they have good teachers? Is it hard to get accepted? Do I call for an application or for an appointment? Thanks in advance.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 7:12 am
I sent my daughters there before moving to Lakewood. I personally was very happy with the school and I still miss it. Like with all schools, there will be those parents who are unhappy.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 9:28 am
Would you know what issues they're unhappy with?

Emotional

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 10:29 am
For example I found the school to be extremely organized and well-run. But my sister had an incident where she had an important issue to discuss with a member of the faculty but she was given the runaround because there are so many offices there.
I think most parents are happy. One aspect that sticks out in my mind is that it's a happy welcoming atmosphere. That was not the case where I went to elementary school.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 8:42 pm
bump

amother

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
My daughter is currently in Kindergarten and I'd like to change her to Bais Yaakov of Boro Park for first grade. I chose this school because it's the only neutral school in Boro Park. I heard that over all it's a well run school. Could anybody who has children in BYBP please give me more specifics. Do you feel that because the school is so big a child could get lost in the system? About how many girls do they have per class, per grade? Do they have good teachers? Is it hard to get accepted? Do I call for an application or for an appointment? Thanks in advance.
My dd is there and I went there as well.
Nobody gets lost in the system in BP. Nobody gets left behind. If a kid needs help, they will be the first ones to tell you and make sure that they work together with you to take care of it promptly.
There is always someone to talk to. I feel like it's a small family because every 2-3 grades have their own principal and they are intimately involved with each child.
The problems I have: the high tuition and the inability to negotiate with them in this regard, as well as the preschool director Smile
But I love BY with a passion.

lost

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 11:38 am
Do the mothers who send to this school feel that their DD's are getting a good secular education? I've been asking around about the school for a while now and am getting very polarized opinions. Some say that BYOB is known to provide a great education and some say the complete opposite. Who high schools do most of the girls go to?

ectomorph

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 12:26 pm
lost wrote:
Do the mothers who send to this school feel that their DD's are getting a good secular education? I've been asking around about the school for a while now and am getting very polarized opinions. Some say that BYOB is known to provide a great education and some say the complete opposite. Who high schools do most of the girls go to?

I never heard anyone complain about the secular education in BYBP.

I went , have siblings who graduated recently and it was excellent. I love BYBP's size - the library is amazing and if you really have a problem you can change classes etc, which is not possible in other schools. I personally never needed to switch classes, but my sister did and was very happy.

The girls tend to self-divide into classes. Most girls in my class went to Bais Yaakov High school, 10% Machon, 10% Drav Meir, there's always a few in Manhattan High or Prospect.

If your child is very bright or has learning difficulties, BYBP has more options than any other school in the Brooklyn area.

Sherri

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 1:31 pm
ectomorph wrote:
lost wrote:

I went , have siblings who graduated recently and it was excellent. I love BYBP's size - the library is amazing and if you really have a problem you can change classes etc, which is not possible in other schools. I personally never needed to switch classes, but my sister did and was very happy.

The girls tend to self-divide into classes. Most girls in my class went to Bais Yaakov High school, 10% Machon, 10% Drav Meir, there's always a few in Manhattan High or Prospect.

If your child is very bright or has learning difficulties, BYBP has more options than any other school in the Brooklyn area.
OOC, what are the options?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 1:31 pm
lost wrote:

very much so.
Majority go to BY and Machon but there are a few in every grade that go to Manhattan HS or Prospect and they're totally prepared.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 1:38 pm
Sherri wrote:
ectomorph wrote:
lost wrote:

I'm assuming she means Montessori class, Hebrew class, Hebrew Yiddish class, Yiddish class, Resource Room, willingness to work with P3 providers etc..

ectomorph

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
Sherri wrote:

I'm assuming she means Montessori class, Hebrew class, Hebrew Yiddish class, Yiddish class, Resource Room, willingness to work with P3 providers etc..

Right, that type of thing.

I had some behavioral difficulties and was not the easiest student. My mother spoke to the teachers and principals and they always made accommodations. You can PM me for details.

Sherri

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 2:58 pm
amother wrote:
Sherri wrote:
ectomorph wrote:
lost wrote:

Sounds good!

lost

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 11:44 am
Thank you everyone who replied to answer my questions. I'm thinking of switching DD to BYOB when she goes to 1st grade. I'm having a hard time doing research on the school since everyone I speak to who sends there does not have any experience with other Brooklyn schools. Has anyone here transferred their child from schools like Prospect, Masores, Lev to BYOB and can tell me how BYOB education compares to those schools?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 2:58 am
I know this is old, but does anyone have the email address for this school?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 7:18 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I know this is old, but does anyone have the email address for this school?

FrontOffice@BJBP.Org

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:53 pm
Thanks!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:56 pm
I saw an ad in hamodia that bybp will have a yiddish chassidish havarah upk class next year- anyone have info on this? Will this be only for upk or will it continue on for the upper grades as well?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 5:48 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I saw an ad in hamodia that bybp will have a yiddish chassidish havarah upk class next year- anyone have info on this? Will this be only for upk or will it continue on for the upper grades as well?

They have no more yiddish in upper grades. They don't have enough of a demand for it.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 6:10 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
They have no more yiddish in upper grades. They don't have enough of a demand for it.

Ah- so this is just for the upk age?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children