Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers

mb819

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 6:24 pm
I'm thinking about joining and wanted to know if people have had a good experience considering you can't track your food intake on shabbos

Happy18

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 6:55 pm
DH lost 30 pounds on it. I don't think he was exact about his food intake on shabbos, but it still worked!

Maya

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 9:00 pm
I had good results on it. I would draw up a menu before Shabbos, count the points and write it all down on an index card to use as reference. It's not difficult.

scrltfr

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 10:00 pm
I'm doing it now. Lost 5 lbs in a month. I don't track on shabbos. I just assume I use the extra points allotted for the week. But I don't go crazy I'm still aware of what I'm eating.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 12:24 am
Funny this should come up today.
Today is the 10th anniversary of my first WW meeting which set me on the path to lose over 70 lbs.
I am so grateful to Hashem that he helped me then to lose the weight and has helped me keep it off ever since.
WW was a wonderful vehicle through which to undergo that process. As for Shabbat, I would plan out what I would eat and soon after Shabbat went out I would write it down. It wasn't a big deal because I tended to pretty much stick to the same foods and eating pattern every Shabbat though I did give myself more leeway on Shabbat. It In general I found that sticking to eating patterns helped me lose the weight. For example - I always knew that by a certain hour of the day I should have consumed x points and have y left over for the evening.
Good luck!

yummydd

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 12:28 am
I was thinking of following this diet. Thing is I did this once before and found that I could eat too much especially as I got a nice point allowance as I am breast feeding.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 1:03 am
I also used WW to lost 50 pounds in the past and have recently rejoined. I also track before shabbos and then again after Shabbos. I wrote down on a paper how much all the shabbos food is so that I could make decisions and changes on Shabbos. Hubby helped me with my points I also use extra weekly points for Shabbos to be able to enjoy.

I highly recommend weight watchers!

mb819

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 5:09 pm
Thanks so much for the replies! That's a great idea to plan out before shabbos and then write down the points after shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise