Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sippy Cups

amother

Post Thu, Jan 25 2007, 4:58 pm
At what age can my baby start drinking from a sippy cup? Also, are there different types - what do you other moms recommend? This is my first baby and so I'm new at all this stuff...

happymom

Post Thu, Jan 25 2007, 5:03 pm
mine started a little bit before a year old. any kind is fine id think.... the ones that dont spill

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Jan 25 2007, 5:54 pm
my baby wasn't a bit bottle-taker, so I started him on a sippy cup at around 8 months. I think they have different types, but right now I use for both my kids (age 13 months and 2 1/2 yrs) the take and toss cups.

newmom

Post Thu, Jan 25 2007, 6:10 pm
I like to use the spillproof ones, but try to avoid ones with separate valves because they are a pain to clean.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Jan 25 2007, 7:01 pm
I taught my baby to drink from a straw when he was 6 months. I got him those covered cups with straws.

mumof1

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:19 pm
ds didnt take bottles so I started at 6 1/2 months.
you are supposed to start without the spillproof kind cuz when they are so young they wont suck so strong or figure there is something inside.
when it spills they will figure it out, and drink for more.
ds is getting the hang of it slowly, its hard. hopefully by a year he will get it Very Happy

Meema2Kids

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 6:05 am
I usually start 9 mos - 1 yr (before that they're not drinking water because they nurse). We've been lately using the Nuby soft top ones (from Walmart). I like them because they don't have a seoarate valve. It seems to take them awhile to get the hang of it, having to hold the cup to their mouth and tilt back (though my babysitter says my baby holds her own bottle so I don't know why she can't get the sippy cup).

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 6:59 am
my 13 month old has been drinking from the take & toss sippy cups for about 1/2 a year. well, it's supposedly spill proof, but if he holds it upside, a little drips out. he's so cute...he used to drawl around with it in his mouth (not holding it.) Now he walks around with it hanging from his mouth. Wink

bonzie

Post Wed, Jan 31 2007, 8:10 pm
I started did mine around 7 months with a straw type of sippy cup we've tried lots of others but the straw seems to work the best with her
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics