Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Bundle me for baby? Yes or no?
1  2  Next

momx6

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 6:57 am
I've been reading a lot of different reviews about the bundle me. Is it safe or not? Is there another company with a similar product that you could recommend? I'm due soon iy"H and trying to do my research now.
TIA

phillymom

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 9:57 am
Bundle me's are the greatest invention in modern times!
As soon as I saw one, I couldn't believe it had taken someone so long to come up with it.
Think about it...no more stuffing your infant into a snowsuit that will cause you to have to choose between letting him overheat cuz he's finally fallen asleep while you were out in the car but are now back at home, or wake him up cuz you're nervous he's gonna overheat.
No brainer, it's genius!

Sherri

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 10:03 am
Where did you see reviews that it is not safe? In what way is it not safe?

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 10:10 am
I love the bundle me for stroller use. many people now say that one shouldn't be used with a car seat. I used them in car seats before this became the new safety rule. I'm not going to recommend it for that use, just because of current safety concerns. I loved it. they now make car seat ponchos. I haven't used any, so I can't recommend a brand. the bundle me is absolutely wonderful for use with a stroller, though. I had two infant ones, and I now use a toddler-sized one.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 10:16 am
We have a bundle me. I hate using it, and I do believe it's not safe. Hopefully at some point we will get another one (my current baby is too big for one now).

It makes the carseat straps really hard to buckle right, rides up and down, so that you can think your baby is buckled in good but really there's a lot of slack.

There's a kind of bundle me that doesn't go behind the baby, only on top. That's what you're looking for. You can also stuff it with extra blankets if you think it's not warm enough, and remove the blankets when you get inside if your baby fell asleep in there.

I would definitely NOT buy a bundle me knowing what I know now.

frankie

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 10:19 am
It is not safe in a car seat. It interferes with the straps, and creates bulk that would compress in a crash due to the force. That creates space between the straps and your child, and they could ch'v be ejected from the car seat.

http://thecarseatlady.blogspot......html

It's great in the stroller!

There is a newer type that goes over the seat and not in between the seat/straps and the child. Those are safe.

http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-.....r+cap

I did use one before I knew, but now I don't anymore. You can use a thin one layer fleece jacket in the car seat - that's about it. No coats, and no regular bundle me unfortunately, even though it is super convenient. Hope this helps!

harriet

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 10:24 am
I use this (shower cap style) one and am very happy with it. I love that it comes with a thin fleece blanket attached to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Ju.....+peek

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 12:59 pm
For stroller, definitely!
For car seat, no.
See other responses above.

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 1:24 pm
I own this ...(My kids hate heavy layers and hats Rolling Eyes) .Saves my sanity every morning.
my car seat with the Urban BM was fitted at a fire department Car seat safety event .
this bellow is my BM and IME the design does not interfere with safety straps if fitted correctly. see video below ..I was more concerned with it getting on baby's face but a pacy clip solved this .

http://jjcolecollections.com/arctic-bundleme

gold21

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 2:44 pm
I feel like every 5 seconds there's a new car seat safety rule. I personally feel that bundle-me's are safe for car seats, but I'm not an expert so I am gonna keep this new regulation. I wanna get the blanket-style safe version of the Bundle-Me. I would love to know stats though- is there a documented case where a child was in a car accident and got hurt because of a bundle-me that was being used properly?

MMCH

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 3:42 pm
bundle me are one of the best invention in the entire world

we are huuuuge fans. I dont know how anyone puts a squirmy 10 month old in a snow suit every time u leave the house!

hop613

Post Sat, Nov 16 2013, 8:45 pm
no bundle me in the carseat, DEFINITELY yes for the stroller. I like the toddler size bundle me for the stroller, so I would just skip the infant sized one.

I don't use a bundle me in the carseat, but I also don't use a snowsuit...I just put baby in a light sweater, cover with a blanket and hat, and use a cover like this if it's really cold - http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-.....UXQXU

momx6

Post Sat, Nov 16 2013, 8:50 pm
Op here,
So as I'm debating what to do my co-worker gave me a bundle me on Friday! Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

frankie

Post Sat, Nov 16 2013, 11:20 pm
This shows how to cut it to make it safe to use in the car seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MrwoFJc1qs

imeinu

Post Sat, Nov 16 2013, 11:41 pm
I never heard about the bundle me not being safe in a carseat. Why isn't it the same for any bulky snowsuit that could technically compress in a crash?

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 12:04 am
imeinu wrote:
I never heard about the bundle me not being safe in a carseat. Why isn't it the same for any bulky snowsuit that could technically compress in a crash?

It is absolutely similar and snowsuits and coats should likewise NOT be used in a car seat. In fact there is another thread about this going on now, please head over and read the helpful advice there.

momx6

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 12:10 am
seeker wrote:
imeinu wrote:

It is absolutely similar and snowsuits and coats should likewise NOT be used in a car seat. In fact there is another thread about this going on now, please head over and read the helpful advice there.

Can you please link the thread for me? Thanks

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 12:20 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....29127

stay

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 9:05 am
I was thinking about buying a toddler bundle me but was wondering what parents do in really cold winters as the bundle me only reaches the chest. In 30 degree weather I'm not certain wearing a sweater and hat is enough (it certainly isn't for myself!). Is there a type of stroller carrier that covers more of the body?

chatouli

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 9:11 am
I believe the 7AM Enfant stroller blanket covers more, but it's really pricey. I use the arctic bundle me with a heavy down coat for my toddler. It's still easier than a snowsuit.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics