Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
A Healthy Snack

Smiles

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 7:44 pm
Here is the thing. I am looking to buy or rather make some healthy snacks. I find myself eating cake and cookies all day (in additions to three meals) and I just realized that I went up like two sizes Rolling Eyes

My problem is that I can't have fruits, veggies and nuts! So that leaves me with cake! It's not that I am trying to diet its just that I don't want to gain more weight. Any good tasting healthy recipes would be very appreciated. Thanks!!

miriam

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 8:09 pm
Just wondering, why can't you have fruits or veggies?

Emuna

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 8:20 pm
This is challenging because you're not eating fruits, veggies, or nuts. Try something called MOCHI. It's pounded rice and it's puffy, chewy, and a little bit sweet. 100% fat free. You can get it at any health food store. Just put it in a 450 degree toaster for ten minutes. If you want you can sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon - or make up your own creations.

mumof1

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 12:01 am
I keep cut up veg and dip in the fridge and cut up fruit for myself
dh and ds love cookies and all the junk so I need a lot of self control.
I also air pop popcorn and keep that in the cupboard.
I also find that when I include exercise in my daily routine I am much more careful of what I eat.
make yourself a cake and use applesauce instead of oil, its a step in the right direction.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 7:07 am
Cerea? yougurt? Rice cakes?

withhumor

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 7:32 am
I despise fruits and vegetables, so I feel what you feel! I’m always grabbing the wrong things to eat. Here’s what I keep for when I get a bad case of the munchies.

Cold Cuts – this is a must. It’s a protein and I eat a few and feel better
Whole wheat or oat pretzels
Rice cake squares – I top it with a square America cheese slice. A great starch-protein combo
I have a milk-shake machine. I put milk and coffee and splenda and in a few second 9just a few pulses) I have a fluffy milk shake which can keep me going until dinner.
Yummy yogurts. I hunted until I found one that I can actually crave. I am a very picky eater.
Need more? my list is long.

shoy18

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 7:44 am
buy deli and thin rice cakes it tastes great

buy fat free biscotti, and I saw entamins (if you dont keep cholav yisroel) came out with 100 calorie snack packs, so you can have your fix of cake and not have to worry about calories and fat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins