Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
A little early but my mind works this early

supermom

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 7:21 am
I usually start thinking about costumes and mishloach manot this time every year.

I want to dress my kids up tie dyed. Can I use food coloring to make their costumes? How about a theme? Ideas please.

HappyPurim

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 7:24 am
I think about it all year, with my user name Wink

shalhevet

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 7:26 am
Have you started Pesach cleaning yet?

LOL (no offence Super, you just throw those unorganized mums who can't even remember where they stored the Chanukiah into panic Help )

JMto2

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 7:35 am
I am also like that think ahead I am in middle of sewing my kids costumes. I would think the tie dye will work with food coloring why not try in out on a swatch of material and see what happens.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 7:35 am
LO, we've been thinking and dicussing Purim since Shavous!

supermom

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 7:57 am
shalhevet wrote:
Have you started Pesach cleaning yet?

LOL (no offence Super, you just throw those unorganized mums who can't even remember where they stored the Chanukiah into panic Help )

Sorry shalhevet LOL I am known to think of everything way before it is needed I hate last minute rushing. When my pregnancy tests come back positive I automatically start thinking of a kiddush and a bris. It is my nature.

My mother is the same way hates to wait till the last minute.

The truth of the matter is I usually think of the next yom tov when the yom tov actually finishes but tachlis I start the actually planning, buying and doing a couple of months before.

As for the chanukiahs well I haven't gotten that far yet. Very Happy Wed. I am going to buy my husband a chanukah menorah and kids have from last year. As for presents going to be getting those on Wed. too.

faigie

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 10:42 am
this year I was thinking of actually making my mishloach manos.. you know, like in the old days, real cake and cookies.
does anyone have relaible recipes that can freeze well? how do you package the cake/cookies so that they will be nicelt presented in the mishloach manos?

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 11:25 am
I plan all year long to be organized - it never works -Is it chanuka already - guess I'm late again??!!??!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 12:09 pm
Faige, you want your stuff to look nice and taste good. It's not as easy as it seems. Plus, the packingn stuff cost something.....

Depending on your community, sometimes it's just easier to get cheaper, packaged nosh and that's it.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Dec 04 2006, 12:23 pm
Faigie didn't mention cost, she mentioned reliability of freezing and packaging ideas. Why are you answering a different question?

faigie

Post Tue, Dec 05 2006, 10:43 am
for sure its easier to buy, but I always dig into my stash looking for yummy home made stuff, and for ONCE I want to be able to give my friends good things on purim. even if I dont give a lot id like to give nice.
anyone willing to part with recipes hints and tips?
ps.. I just signed on to the fly lady frum lady board, oh I cant wait to get my approval for joining!!!

momof6

Post Sat, Feb 03 2007, 6:05 pm
Kugels and "real foods" are nice. Last yr I sent 2 mini challas w/ a tall wine glass filled w/ puple "grass" and colorful candy put them in a clear bag tied w/ silver ribbon. It came out very nice!
I added a nice bottle of wine in a few, and small grape juices for others.
I'm thinking of doing CHOCLATE this year. Choclate dipped hamantashen and some nice wrapped choclates maybe....
(For families, (teachers etc.)I make seperate Shalach manos for kids-
popcorn, a drink, candy.....colorful bag...)
Ideas anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics