Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
My Calphalon Non Stick Grill pan is shedding black pieces!

YW123

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 10:44 pm
I am assuming it is unhealthy to eat food from this. It looks like what would come off a cheap non stick pan but I am surprised it happened to my Calphalon. I do grill veggies on a very high heat. Is there a way to save this pan?

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 10:46 pm
I think that company has a lifetime warranty ...

YW123

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 10:49 pm
I think so too but they don't include shipping in the warranty and it's a very heavy piece so it wouldn't be worth it for me. Is there a way to fix it? And why is it happening?

September June

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 10:54 pm
No way to fix it.

Either return it to the store or contact the company. I had an issue with a calphalon product and emailed customer service a picture with my complaint. In my email I explained that I would not pay shipping since the item defect was the company's fault. They sent me a new one about a week later. I was very pleased!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 11:15 pm
Do NOT eat from it, it's ruined.

Teflon does not hold up to very high heat. I've ruined many a pan that way. I can't be trusted to keep the heat down (LOL), so I buy cheap pans, and just keep replacing them when I mess them up.

I second everything September June said. Get a replacement - and keep the heat on medium-high!

If you need to stir fry, do what I did and get a steel wok. Once you get it seasoned it will be perfect.

YW123

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 11:24 pm
I didn't know Calphalon was teflon. How should I grill veggies on it if not a high heat...that is how it comes out nice and charred.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 11:29 pm
YW123 wrote:
I didn't know Calphalon was teflon. How should I grill veggies on it if not a high heat...that is how it comes out nice and charred.

You mean under a broiler, or on a stove top? I'm confused now.

If you're doing it under a broiler, a steel cookie sheet should work just fine. Put down a layer of parchment paper under them, and they won't stick at all! (You'll use less oil, too.)

September June

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 11:30 pm
Take a picture of your pan and email the company with your complaint.

I had a very similar issue and they sent me a new item very, very quickly. I did not have to ship my item back to the company, I attached a photo to my email.

Maybe invest in a cast iron grill pan. You will need to kasher it and reseason it but it holds up to high heat very well.

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 10:43 am
The pan is a goner. Repurpose it to press flowers or do posture exercises or something. Consider this rebbegelt and from now on buy only uncoated cookware.

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 12:43 pm
YW123 wrote:
I think so too but they don't include shipping in the warranty and it's a very heavy piece so it wouldn't be worth it for me. Is there a way to fix it? And why is it happening?

bring it back to the store of purchase
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars