Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Girls tights dilemma

shanamaidel

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 9:42 am
Which tights do you buy for your DDs? I have found that so many companies of tights fall down during the school day? Any recommendations on which brand will stay up?! Looking forward to hearing what works for your DD.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 9:47 am
pay the price & buy good quality trimfit ...

shanamaidel

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 9:48 am
I saw trimfit tights at kohls.com do you think they're anything worthwhile?

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 10:01 am
here's a cotton/poly/spandex blend

http://www.kohls.com/product/p.....s.jsp

I wouldn't get anything made from microfiber ...

I might try these nylon ones

[try to remember my kids are grown - but I always bought good quality tights because they lasted & didn't fall down]

I also looked for heel & toe reinforcements as they were more comfortable to wear [especially for one of my girlys who would scream otherwise]

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 10:35 am
trimfit cotton tights or butterfly school girl collection lycra tights.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 10:50 am
I buy the condors and I love them. They r great quality and dont fall down and get passed to my nieces once were done with them.

hotmom

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 10:55 am
I use butterfly reg. (not the school collection, they're too thick) they stay up beautifully an very affordable.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 11:05 am
I buy random brands that I find at Israeli stores. I don't recognize the brands.

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:00 pm
My DD has very skinny legs and spent a lot of $ on diff companies trying to figure out which one hugs the feet the most. I found that butterfly school collection and memoi r the best. Memoi is more comfortable but tears quicker and runs smaller. In the butterfly she's an 8-10 and memoi she's 10-12. I do though prefer the memoi slightly more over the butterfly is lays nicer on the foot maybe cuz it's a drop thinner

Dolly1

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:
I buy the condors and I love them. They r great quality and dont fall down and get passed to my nieces once were done with them.

The condors are absolutely THE BEST!!! I was dreading this season cuz I didn't wanna dress my dd in tights. I imagined her skinny legs looking so shlumpy etc. Everybody recommended condor and I couldn´t be happier! They aren't cheap but worth the price... They don't tear, are cozy and comfy!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:12 pm
If the legs are skinny, can one run a line of machine stitching at the back of the leg, vertically, to make it fit more snugly? The seam allowance would be inside. Would that itch?

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:14 pm
yes it would itch/annoy/irritate & make any person go meshuga ...

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:17 pm
Oh ok.

A very long time ago I had a pair of seamed tights, and they did not itch. But they were manufactured that way.

I would have felt it, if it had been itchy.

Why not microfiber? Isn't that just another kind of polyester?

I love my black fleece tights for cold. Cozy.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:21 pm
microfiber sweats ... kids already don't like to be over-dressed

ElTam

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:37 pm
Depends on the kid. I get microfiber tights from www.frenchtoast.com. I have one girl who lives in them and another one who hates them.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:41 pm
Dolly1 wrote:
amother wrote:

The condors are absolutely THE BEST!!! I was dreading this season cuz I didn't wanna dress my dd in tights. I imagined her skinny legs looking so shlumpy etc. Everybody recommended condor and I couldn´t be happier! They aren't cheap but worth the price... They don't tear, are cozy and comfy!

Another vote for Condor. I have one pair in an odd color that no other company makes. They're a fortune -almost $14 a pair in the bigger sizes.
Maybe you can get them cheaper online. The quality is excellent.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 7:08 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Dolly1 wrote:
amother wrote:

Another vote for Condor. I have one pair in an odd color that no other company makes. They're a fortune -almost $14 a pair in the bigger sizes.
Maybe you can get them cheaper online. The quality is excellent.

And I DREAD the condors. Bought them once cause that was all the rage, but was really dissapointed. The crocth sagged down to the knees!! Dd was forever fixing herself in the street. I guess every child is built differently.
I loved the carlinos but are hard to find. Now im happy with the memois but they run big. Dd is usualy a 6-8 and she is wearing the memoi size 4.

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 7:17 pm
Trimfit is still around? Wow, I wore them when I was a kid!

Pita

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 7:28 pm
I buy great tights at www.kidsfashionbrokers.com, as I prefer cotton tights. They used to sell MP in both cotton and wool versions. MP is terrific and can outlast two girls, but pretty pricey. I have not figured out the best store to carry them now. The new brand KFB carries is also good (though I don't know how long it lasts).

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 5:27 am
If you have the money, check out Hannah Anderson. Zillions of fun patterns, great solids, and they are incredibly well made. They launder beautifully, and you will be passing them down to younger kids.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/.....ights
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers