Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I need help getting started with Flylady!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 9:08 am
Ok, my house is such a mess and I'm scared at even the thought of someone coming over! There seem to be a number of Flylady fans on this site so I'm turning to you for help. I went to the website, but I just don't know where to begin. It's not the best, most organizing website so I'm really confused with where and how to start. Can someone get me going...? Thanks!

zissy2004

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 9:14 am
sorry, cant help you but what does someone do who has no internet in the house? is there no hope for my messy house??

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 1:24 pm
To OP:1. Click on "JOin Flylady" to register to get emails
2. You will get an email, and it's all on the website "31 Babysteps". Start with these. You will see/read other emails to get an idea of the entire program, but this is not applicable at first. Do NOT try to do what allt hose emails say, just start with the Babysteps.
3. You will see other flying lessons in the section abotu getting started on the website (most of these things are incorporated to the babysteps, so wait until you get there to start or you will burn out!)
4. It can take a few months (or more) to be doing the "entire" program, but I would say even the first half of the babysteps will make a noticeable improvement in your home! (My dh noticed a big difference in 10 days!) I still do not do the entire program, but the baby steps foundation keeps my home well. Maybe after I'm not pg/with newborn I'll move more on it.

To zissy: I have not looked at it personally, but in a testimonial email I received, a woman writes that she bought flylady's book "Sink Reflections" bc she just strongly prefers to have a book to go to. This is basically the program on the internet but in a book, so if someone doesn't have internet at home, then possibly this would work too.

purplegirl

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 8:21 am
Yay! I love flylady and I also don't love her website Mr. Green but that's okay, because you do NOT have to read it at all! Sign up for the emails and get the Beginner Babysteps and do them slowly, and the daily emails will tell you what to do. Zissy (and you too) can buy the book, here's a link. Amother, pm me if you want to have a buddy to work with... I think flylady is a great system that anyone can adapt to their needs and maximize without following every last thing if they don't want to.
Good Luck! Congratulations on taking the first step!

ceo

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 12:12 pm
If a person doesn't have internet, take a look at the book "Sidetracked Home Executives." It's the book that's the precursor to Flylady.
I don't really use the flylady system anymore. I used it as a springboard to develop my own routines and schedule.

To the OP, to get started, start doing the baby steps.

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 12:33 pm
I personally think the key to keeping a neat house is getting rid of the clutter. I lived in a 550 sqft apartment with two kids and it was immaculate. I made sure not to over buy and give everything a place. If you live in a small place avoid stores like costco, bj's, or any of those warehouse type stores. Also pick up as you go along and get rid of old magazines and newspapers right away. I only did laundry once a week and I kept everything in three laundry bags to color sort. DH is a pack rat and he used to get a tad bit mad when I would throw good stuff away but sometimes I had no choice.

baseballmom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 12:35 pm
There is also a frum flyladies group that uses the same techniques in preparing for shabbos, yom tov etc. they are just getting started with pesach planning so now is a good time to join, if you are interested.

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:20 pm
how do I find out about the frum one? do u have a link for it?

faigie

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 11:54 am
what I love about flylady is that starting is never an issue. just go to the website, sign up for the reminders,,,,,,,,,and do them
you can also get her book, or read the decluttering advice off of her website.
she has a wonderful program, which I have benefitted from greatly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics