Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please calm me!!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 6:26 am
Swollen lymph node in 1 yr old groin area. Took an ultrasound. Results later tonight or tomorrow.
Anyone ever experienced something like this. WHAT COULD IT BE? ! I'm so afraid of the worst ch'v! G-d forbid! Please tell me it'll be ok!

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 6:32 am
amother wrote:
Swollen lymph node in 1 yr old groin area. Took an ultrasound. Results later tonight or tomorrow.
Anyone ever experienced something like this. WHAT COULD IT BE? ! I'm so afraid of the worst ch'v! G-d forbid! Please tell me it'll be ok!

I am sorry. Refuah Sheilmah. Didn't the Dr tell you that it could be nothing? Did the Dr tell you that it could just be an infection? There is no need to borrow trouble because your baby needs you calm.

Liba

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 6:35 am
It could be from a virus. Easily. If it were chv"sh something really bad the swollen nodes would generally be found in multiple locations. It is possible that it is from a bacterial infection as well. Keep davening, but try not to jump to worst case scenarios yet.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 6:44 am
Thanks for ur replies... I feel so guilty cuz life is so hectic bh... Work plus bring a mom to twins etc that I barely hv time to daven :-(
No fever bh which I suppose is a good sign?
Yes, the Doc did say possible infection but I can't help being a worrywart.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 7:01 am
It's plumbing. The lymph nodes regulate water and immunology. They are wonderful things. People are full of lumps and atypicalities.

Let the doc do his job.

Of course it's worrying but people are full of bits that aren't typical and it doesn't have to be anything.

When one has a bad cold, or one is fighting off something, the lymph nodes can work overtime and can get tender and larger.

Hugs.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 4:20 pm
OP here. We're clueless! Scans came bk showing nothing significant... Preliminary blood tests came bk fine. More blood results are expected tomorrow. She's acting ok without fever but it has def gotten bigger! She's on a high dosage of clindamycin antibiotic and I'd think it should hv gotten better/smaller not the opposite.
Scary things hv probably been ruled out but still... WHAT IS GOING ON? It seems to be painful on the touch...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 5:31 pm
If it's viral, the antibiotics won't help, and you'll just have to wait it out. If the doctor says not to worry, then I would listen to your doctor.

If there is a fever, don't treat it unless it goes into the danger zone (ask your doc what temp that is.) A slight fever is the body's way of killing off the virus, and is beneficial.

A warm compress might help move the lymph out, and light massage if tolerated.

I know it's so hard when our little ones get sick and we don't know how to make it better. Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics