Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Foster Parents - To Be or Not To Be
Previous  1  2

supermom

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 5:00 am
RB my parents went for classes before a good amount of hours don't remember how many.

ButterflyGarden

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 10:15 am
So in the end they where taken in by another family in the neighborhood. I think this particular family will be very good for these kids. They have many other children and a lot always going on in the home. It's a very happy home, and the rabbis felt it would be a good match. Everything should work out for the best. Thank you all for your advice.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 12:34 pm
Hopefully everything will go smoother for the kids now! Don't forget , since they are close, maybe they could use an extra hand on occassion if you still want to help out.

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 8:56 am
Thanks Greenfire, We were thinking of doing just that!

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 6:26 pm
I just finished reading a book about a woman who adopted two children in addition to her own. This is from an interview:

Quote:
What advice would you give to prospective adoptive parents?

Like all the really important decisions you make with your life, this is one that is made with the heart. If you stop to think about it, you will never do it. Adopting Jaclyn was the probably the only illogical decision I have ever made in my life—we did not have the time, the space or the funds for another child. We already had five children and were too old for another. But it was, without a doubt, the best decision we could ever have made. Jaclyn has given back to us a million times more than we have given to her.

I thought of this thread when I read this, and your comments sarahd and shalhevet.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics