Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3 car seats in a small car?

imamom7

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 1:55 pm
Is anyone able to fit 2 car seats and a booster in a car- if so which car seats???

questioner

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 1:56 pm
I have an infant seat and 2 car seats in a Chevy Malibu (don't know if it's small or not)
They are a Graco Snugride, cheap Evenflo (FF), and a Safety First (RF)

busydev

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 2:06 pm
try the diono radian. its very thin. it costs money, but its well worth it and can fit a child from infant thru booster. better buy an expensive car seat then a new car.

Also its about puzzling. different car seats will fit differently so if you can find a store that will let you try out the sample in your car that would be your best bet.

there is a website car seats. com or something. you can give them your car model and year and they could help you by telling you what car seats they have fit into it.

I currently have the radian and a chicco keyfit 30 and the third seat is somewhat comfortable for me to sit in on long drives when the kids need attention. (so there is room for a booster or smaller width car seat

emama

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 3:36 pm
Email http://www.car-seat.org/
and ask for help. Tell them what type of car you have, and what carseats, or the types your kids use, and they will help you figure it out. They are very knowledgeable about what will work safely for different cars

emama

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 3:38 pm
Oops. didn't read busydev's reply before sending mine. Well, now you have two recommendations! Smile

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 4:30 pm
Try car-seat.org or google Car Seats for the Littles (don't remember the url)
This kind of question is very individual to the car and seats, some cars will do it better than others. The folks there have seen a lot of combinations and might be able to help.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 7:01 pm
What car do you have? With most cars, you can get 3 in the back if you have the right 3. They do not have to be Dionos, necessarily, it depends on your kids' weights/heights, how long you will be keeping RF and FF harnesed, what seats you currently have and if we can work with them.

I just successfully got a 3 across situation handled using the 2 existing seats and spending less than $100 on the third. It was wider than most cars which helped, but the 2 existing seats that were there were not narrow, so that didn't help Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics