Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How to tie a scarf (to cover your face)
1  2  Next

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 3:11 pm
I have to admit it - I'm clueless, and I'm freezing!

I don't know how to tie it so it covers my face, makeup notwithstanding....I can't tie it from the back because my coat is bulky and I'm afraid I'll pull a muscle!

What does everyone else do?

cindy324

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 6:26 pm
Wrap your scarf, starting from the front, to the back and pull the two ends back to the front again BEFORE you put your coat on. Loosen the part that's around your neck a bit, so you can pull it up over your nose. Put your coat on and let the scarf hang inside your coat.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 6:29 pm
There's a new way - don't you NYrs know: fold scarf in half and put over shoulders then pull loose ends into folded end - kool !

Squash

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 6:47 pm
Hey! That's exactly how I wear it Greenfire! I'm a NYer.

It doesn't cover the face, though.

Ima'la

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 6:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
There's a new way - don't you NYrs know: fold scarf in half and put over shoulders then pull loose ends into folded end - kool !

Huh? Confused

Maybe we need a clip with a demo!

I start w/ it around the back of my neck b4 putting on my coat, then wrap each side around to the back, so it's over my shoulders, then put on my coat, tucking the scarf securely over my shoulders. That way you have 2 layers in front of your face, and you can adjust their heights as necessary.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 7:05 pm
You can actually pull it up - I did on shabbos. But it's been unbearable so I have been hybernating - I finally went out today for a bit.

realeez

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:08 pm
It's not so new - I've been doing that for ages.

You bring together both ends of the scarf and fold your scarf in half. You are then left with a folded end and and an end with two loose pieces. You put it around your neck and pull the loose ends thru the folded part and pull until tight.

http://www.elizabetta.net/phpf.....s.php

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:44 pm
yeah the Italian loop thank you (testing testing) mommy123abc

GAMZu

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:44 pm
I do it like cindy. Works well!

cindy324

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:34 pm
Quote:

That's so funny that we're discussing this today! I am embarrassed to say that I never knew how to do that Italian loop thing, until this morning! I saw my 11 year old DD doing it shock I was like :"Hey, how did you do that?"
She looked at me like I'm some kind of dork. And I thought I was one of the cool moms... LOL

GAMZu

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:43 pm
I don't think the loop style is particularly warm. But it looks cute! If it's crazy cold, I use 2 scarves. One wrapped around and inside the coat and another one outside in the loop style.

Emuna

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:48 pm
Thanks mommyabc123 for an amazing link!!! I have no fashion ability and this website seriously gave me some ideas!

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:49 pm
It is warm for your neck and also helpful in not letting your scarf unwrap and slowly...slip away

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 6:42 am
cindy324 wrote:
Quote:

That's so funny that we're discussing this today! I am embarrassed to say that I never knew how to do that Italian loop thing, until this morning! I saw my 11 year old DD doing it shock I was like :"Hey, how did you do that?"
She looked at me like I'm some kind of dork. And I thought I was one of the cool moms... LOL

My 8 year old fashionista has been doing that for a couple of years - she copied her teacher.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 10:16 am
I am not worrid about my neck - I wear a turtleneck AND a hood.

I still can't get it to stay on my face; could hold it but them my hand gets crazy cold, gloves notwithstanding . . . .

anyon else?

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 10:50 am
why don't you get one of those "bank robber hats" where there is nothing showing but the eyes and mouth Nervous

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 1:39 pm
I actually have two in kiddie sizes - but my sheital and makeup'd look terrible if I wore it!

cindy324

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 1:44 pm
Actually I have something that's made to be worn as a scarf, but it's just a tube . You pull it on over your head, push it down, so you can see LOL and it's like a long turtleneck. You can pull it up all the way up to your eyes, then push down if you walk indoors. I don't know where it's from, my DH got it from a mailorder company years ago.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 4:59 pm
Cindy, I think I would like something like that!

Squash

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 11:38 am
One of my friends bought that in Canada years ago. It's great, I gotta say.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics