Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Maamar Heicaltzu

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:11 am
Saw this somewhere and just wanted to discuss maamar:

"The great underlying principal of the torah, as R' Akiva taught is to "love your fellowman as yourself". And indeed, Torah literature in general and Chassidus in particular overflows with instructive and inspiring advice on how one may bring oneself to truly love one's fellow. Reading this literature, to be sure, is far more cheering than dwelling on disharmony and baseless hatred. But the reality of the human condition cannot be ignored and the present discourse addresses itself to that all too human problem.

Borrowing the mystical terminology of Kabbalah and Chassidism, this book deals with the spiritual roots of baseless hatred, its cosmic repercussions, and its attainable remedies.

This in-depth discussion of the spiritual seeds of divisiveness and dissension did not sprout in a vacuum, nor was it meant to be studied in a vacuum. It was meant to be used. In response to its call, anyone who calls himself a Chassid will surely concede that whatever his spiritual stature, there is still room for making his own interpersonal contacts less judgmental and less abrasive, a little mellower and a little humbler."

gryp

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:25 am
havent learned it since sem. embarrassed I think its in english on chabad.org though.
what do you want to discuss about it?

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:32 am
Just heard about this maamar - and find that a lot of people do not practice this basic need - it upsets me - but then I though maybe I should learn it - want feedback - insight - whatever you have to offer.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 5:04 pm
you shouldn't let learning upset you, Green.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 6:39 pm
I learned it the year that the Rebbe gave out the kuntreisim, which my husband and I received. I had a telephone chavrusa once a week with a friend; it took us around nine months, and we finished the week before I had my baby! 8)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational