Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone have experience with scoliosis?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
My sister was diagnosed when she was about 13 and she needed surgery. Braces would not have helped at that point. She went to a top doctor in Boston.

Would you by any chance have the doctors name?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 1:47 pm
I had what I thought was a mild scoli, and did nothing about it until I got progressive severe back pain at age 36, after physio etc, I had an MRI showing over 100 degree curve and ended up having surgery 6 months ago.

It was the best thing I have ever done! Before I couldn't walk around a shop, up the street or even stand to prepare a meal, was practically in a wheelchair and crying in pain every night despite strong pain killers. I was so twisted up (severe kyphosis as well as scoli) I couldn't stand up straight at all, my head was balanced outside my hip, and my muscles were in constant spasm. Now I am practically back to normal.

The scoliosis stats are that if your curve is less than 50 degrees, it is unlikely to progress, and more than that, will progress and eventually cause problems. Mine wasn't diagnosed till adulthood, for various reasons, but was on the very severe end of the spectrum.

I can find some links to the scoliosis societies and forums, they are very active and informative, and really helped me before my op.

wanttobehappy

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 2:07 pm
On his website it doesn't say he helps for sciolios... Is that what he helped u with??
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics