Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Binah magazine
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 8:49 am
where is such a dream rehab located and how many millions does it cost to send a kid like the protagonist there?

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 9:55 am
Mamabear, it may be Retorno. There's a second rehab in Israel that is a little newer, anyone know the name?
I wanted to add that I truly admire the mother & I think that the main reason her daughter graduated from this program has a lot to do with the incredible support she received from her mom & family.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 11:10 am
I also really liked the Binah this week. The recipes looked fantastic, and I enjoyed the features too. I loved the fiction story about the game - powerful lesson there.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:32 pm
runningmom wrote:
(changed subject line)
Today's is really, really good!

I haven't gone through all of it yet, but what I've read so far makes this one an issue not to be missed.

There's a sequel in there to something written about a year ago, it's magnificent. I found the fiction story to be nicely done (I do sorta kinda wonder about the inspiration for the backdrop of it), and there's a recipe that's going to be responsible for an extra pound or two, but yummm.

Just thought I'd post this to be fair, since I lamented the state of Binah in a not-too-long-ago post.

But if there's a commission Binah gives for trying out recipes and sacrificing the waistline for the sake of advertising, you know where to reach me! Call me

Hi,

I'm glad you liked my fiction story Smile The inspiration for the backdrop was my imagination! What did you have in mind - I'm curious?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 2:34 pm
Im not sure if this is what the article is about....I don't subscribe to Binah (I'm a mishpacha fan), but there is a substance abuse clinic in Minnesota that has had success with many frum patients. They emphasize that commitment from the parents is key. And of course, believing that addiction can be lived with....not cured.

pause

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 3:10 pm
It seemed to me from the writing that the Spreading the Wings story takes place in Eretz Yisroel. Am I wrong?

sunny90

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
I also really liked the Binah this week. The recipes looked fantastic, and I enjoyed the features too. I loved the fiction story about the game - powerful lesson there.

Please please explain the lesson. I love literature and usually can understand it very well but this story went completely over my head...I was just What the whole time!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 3:52 pm
sunny90 wrote:
amother wrote:

Please please explain the lesson. I love literature and usually can understand it very well but this story went completely over my head...I was just What the whole time!

Seemed to me that the lesson was about following our own destinies. That we all have our own paths to follow, and we shouldnt look to see what others are up to.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 3:54 pm
sunny90 wrote:
amother wrote:

The point seemed to be that life is not about competing with others, but about your own unique journey. But I was also a little What about it.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 4:05 pm
amother wrote:
sunny90 wrote:
amother wrote:

Seemed to me that the lesson was about following our own destinies. That we all have our own paths to follow, and we shouldnt look to see what others are up to.

Yups! I loved it!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 4:23 pm
it was very deep, and confusing but incredible. I thought it was about shidudchim though no?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 4:28 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
it was very deep, and confusing but incredible. I thought it was about shidudchim though no?

Sounded like shidduchim, but could be anything - I guess. It was really good, different, but refreshing and yes, very deep.

MyTimeNow

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 6:20 pm
Last quote does not exists!

Was wondering if you play Candyland a lot!! The colors & names of places put me in mind of it Ice cream

chaya35

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 6:57 pm
pause wrote:
It seemed to me from the writing that the Spreading the Wings story takes place in Eretz Yisroel. Am I wrong?

I also thought from the article that its in Eretz Yisroel

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 8:08 pm
runningmom wrote:
Last quote does not exists!

Was wondering if you play Candyland a lot!! The colors & names of places put me in mind of it Ice cream

Nopes! I dont remember using that as an inspiration-I'm not a game player, but, hey, somewhere deep in my self conscious you never know!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room