Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
In desperate need of vacation!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 9:55 am
I know there was a thread about mini-vacations, but here is my problem.

I am in desperate need of a 2-3 day getaway. I live in Brooklyn, I don't drive, and don't have anyone to go with Crying

I was thinking of going to Philadelphia, by taking AMTRAK.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

lotte

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 12:54 pm
You can take Amtrak to anywhere in the USA.
It can be a lot of fun ,we did it one Summer!
You can take Amtrak to Norwich Ct and spend 2 days at the amazing apa there :Norwich Inn.Enjoy!you can feel comfortable by yourself there,you don't need a friend with you!

taffy

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 1:39 pm
Hmm....I like the idea of taking an Amtrak vacation. In fact, I've entertained the idea of taking my kids (ages 11-13) for a ride on the Amtrak. Would the Amtrak take us to Niagara Falls? What other interesting places can we take the Amtrak to? My kids do not like amusement parks but they absolutely go crazy over production factories, orchids, farms, zoos, etc.

MOM222

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 1:51 pm
Amother how about sending your family off and staying home. Order in food, don't clean or answer the phone. I always find I love my own bed best.

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 1:58 pm
port authotrity buses will also take you anywhere you can think of.

if you let us know what interests you, maybe we could help you think of a destination.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 3:21 pm
op here,

The AMTRAK does go to Niagara Falls.

I am not really sure where I want to go. or what I want to do. I have never gone anywhere myself. Although, I am at a point where I need some alone time.

I dont want to go too far. I dont want to spend my vacation traveling. I only have 2 nights/3days.

Sightseeing is more fun when you go with someone else, is it not? I do like the idea of a Spa. Never went to one. Im going to look into it. Other then the one in Norwich, any others?

mumoo

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 3:32 pm
MOM222 wrote:
Amother how about sending your family off and staying home. Order in food, don't clean or answer the phone. I always find I love my own bed best.

im with you, mom222, but I don't mind cleaning and purging-when I am by myself. then I end my vacation accomplished and rested. I actually dread vacations because they entail coming home-to the same mess, piles of laundry, etc.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 3:49 pm
Check out Kripalu, the renew and retreat package. They have a hot tub, steam room, massages, facials, wraps, dance/aerobics class, etc. You don't have to sign up for all those classes. No one's gonna bother you there.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 6:08 pm
taffy:
orchids are an exotic flower
orchards are where we grow fruit

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 6:53 pm
There are so many things to see in NYC! Take your traveling money and see museums, eat out, and treat yourself.

You'll have plenty of memories!

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 7:27 pm
I slept over one night in times square with a friend, for the heck of it. we ended up staying awake a whole night, sitting by the huge window and watching the insane city go by. We also saw some cool things in other windows… of nature that I cannot share here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics