Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Cranberry Chicken Cutlets - YUM :)

Basya

Post Thu, Nov 21 2013, 9:11 pm
So every week I stalk this forum looking for something new to try out. Dh strongly prefers cutlets vs. chicken on the bone, and I find the few options get boring fast.

So I'm glad to share a recipe that I found online - and everyone loved. Please feel free to share your own favorite recipe, as before long I'll be back here again, looking for something different Smile

http://family.go.com/food/reci.....en-t/

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:53 pm
I made a variation of this tonight and it went over really well. I'm posting the recipe here just for reference:

Ingredients
1 Tablespoon cooking oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets (Note below)
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse-grind black pepper
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard

Directions

Combine cranberries, apple juice and chicken stock in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a gallon-sized plastic bag with zip top, mix flour, salt and pepper. Toss chicken breasts into bag and shake well until each breast is coated evenly with flour.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
Pour soaked cranberries with juice and stock into the hot pan, reduce heat to low and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in mustard and add chicken back into pan.
Cook for another 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and sauce has thickened. Serve chicken with sauce atop.
Note: Breast fillets are simply chicken breasts that have been cut horizontally to be thinner and cook quicker.

for the record, I didn't have chicken stock or apple juice and used onion soup mix and honey dissolved in boiling water instead. I also added a bit of honey to the sauce before I added the chicken back in.

granolamom

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 4:09 pm
Looks good, thanks!

mochacoffee

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 10:11 pm
Oh man I really really wanted to make this recipe tonight, it looks so good but I didn't have cranberries Sad

elaela

Post Tue, Jan 07 2014, 7:43 am
sounds delicious. Ill try to make it for friday night. What sidedish and carbs would you recommend? Do you think Rice with almonds would fit?
or fried potatoes? carrots n peas???

any idea is welcome.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jan 07 2014, 10:58 pm
ariela wrote:
sounds delicious. Ill try to make it for friday night. What sidedish and carbs would you recommend? Do you think Rice with almonds would fit?
or fried potatoes? carrots n peas???

any idea is welcome.

I made this with broccoli and a wild rice blend. interesting your asked about rice with almonds, because I had a bunch of toasted sliced almonds leftover from a dish I made on shabbos when I toasted way too much. I sprinkled them on both the chicken and the wild rice and they went really nicely together!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 12:21 pm
Basya wrote:
So every week I stalk this forum looking for something new to try out. Dh strongly prefers cutlets vs. chicken on the bone, and I find the few options get boring fast.

So I'm glad to share a recipe that I found online - and everyone loved. Please feel free to share your own favorite recipe, as before long I'll be back here again, looking for something different Smile

http://family.go.com/food/reci.....en-t/

the link u posted doesnt seem to work, but im looking for a recipe like this! Do u still have it?

Thanks!

EmpireState

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 11:07 am
I know this is an old thread but the link to the original recipe doesn’t work. Does anyone have an updated link or possibly another cranberry cutlet recipe (maybe using fresh cranberries or cranberry sauce) ?

trixx

Post Wed, Oct 02 2019, 12:15 pm
EmpireState wrote:
I know this is an old thread but the link to the original recipe doesn’t work. Does anyone have an updated link or possibly another cranberry cutlet recipe (maybe using fresh cranberries or cranberry sauce) ?

This looks good but I haven't made it yet
https://www.cottercrunch.com/o.....cken/

Basya

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 8:06 pm
Here is the original recipe:

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon cooking oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken
breast fillets (see note)
1 cup Craisins®
½ cup apple juice
½ cup chicken stock
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon coarse-ground
black pepper
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Method:
Combine Craisins®, apple juice and chicken stock
in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a gallon-sized plastic bag with zip top, mix
flour, salt and pepper. Toss chicken breasts into
bag and shake well until each breast is coated
evenly with flour.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high
heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook for 5
minutes on each side. Remove chicken to a plate
and keep warm.
Pour soaked Craisins® with juice and stock into
the hot pan, reduce heat to low and scrape up
any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir
in mustard and add chicken back into pan.
Cook for another 8–10 minutes or until chicken
is no longer pink and sauce has thickened. Serve
chicken with sauce atop.
Note: Breast fillets are simply chicken breasts
that have been cut horizontally to be thinner and
cook quicker.
from familyfun.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey