Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone ever stay at Galei Sanz hotel in Netanya?
1  2  Next

June

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 4:51 am
we're looking to get away for Shabbos, and we'd love to go to the beach. Galei Sanz seems to be the only mehadrin hotel in Netanya and it also seems to be the least expensive. but.... the place looks like a dump.

has anyone stayed there recently that can tell me what the inside looks like? or, if there are any comparably priced hotels in the area for Shabbos?

TIA

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:14 am
Hiya, yes I've been there.

I'll tell you the pros and cons as far as I saw it. We were there over succos, in case that makes a difference. We were not there for shabbos or yom tov, just chol hamoed. I do not know what the shabbos arrangements and food are like.

Pros:

Everyone was tznius.
It was right near the separate beach.
The food was okay and very kosher (see cons).
There were comfortable beds, and an en suite bathroom, very basic but still a place to stay!
It's very quiet... no one makes noise. Even though it's busy.
There are regular minyanim etc. .
The workers are very nice.
It has a very Jewish atmosphere.

Cons:
It's not the most beautiful place (to say it nicely) - even inside the rooms things are very old and dated and basic.
There was a slight smell in the hallway, kind of like damp.
Everyone was over 70 except us (that could be a pro, depends how you look at it).
It's expensive for what you get.
The food was basic and not to my taste - similar to what they serve in an old age home - our favorite bit was the canned peaches at breakfast Smile .

However I do not know of anywhere else like it, if you want somewhere where you can eat and be in a frum atmosphere.

I would probably go back there if I wanted a simple, quiet stay with DH - you feel you have a lot of privacy because it's so quiet - you just have to overlook the amount you're spending on it and look at it like a place to stay, not a hotel, iykwim.

This was Succos 2011, maybe things have changed in 2 years?!

June

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:29 am
Thanks Riff.

Was it clean?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:32 am
I agree with riff's description.
cleanish...

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:33 am
Yep, cleanish describes it well.

Last edited by AlwaysThinking on Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:33 am; edited 2 times in total

wispalover

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:33 am
I live a 5 minute walk from there. The anglos here refer to it colloquially as "Bates Motel", if you get the reference.

On the plus side, it is a few steps away from the beach (be warned- it is a LONG flight of stairs up and down from the beach) and it is about a 20 minute walk into town; there are 2 mehadrin places I know of in town- Mul Hayam (expensive and really dire) and Cafe Cafe (which is excellent).

amother

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 6:25 am
Lateral thinking here - would you consider , say, a fabulous aparthotel room, bring a hotplate, and buy in takeout? (I have no specific suggestion btw, it's just a thought!)

wispalover

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:36 am
amother wrote:
Lateral thinking here - would you consider , say, a fabulous aparthotel room, bring a hotplate, and buy in takeout? (I have no specific suggestion btw, it's just a thought!)

If you need mehadrin takeout food, btw, I am not aware of any deli in Netanya under mehadrin. Maybe Motti's deli in town, but that is about it. I am not even sure if it is or is not.

I am sure you have looked into it, and I am not saying this to question or open a can of worms, but AIUI the Rabbanut of Netanya is one of the more highly regarded Rabbanut. Is it worth a Shaila to see if your Rav is more accepting of the Rabbanut here?

What exactly are you looking for? A hotel with full room and board?

June

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 9:01 am
we'd prefer a hotel because we could really use the break and a little bit of pampering, but we did consider finding a vacation apartment and using takeout. after looking into a few vacation apartments in Netanya and elsewhere, we realized it doesn't save any money and the inconvenience of arranging food isn't worth it.

I showed the earlier responses to my dh and we decided it's not worth 850 shekel to stay at this place for Shabbos, even with the beach.

anyone have any other ideas for a nice, inexpensive Shabbos away? we're willing to travel up to 2 hrs from Jerusalem by bus.

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 9:14 am
We stayed at a hotel a five minute walk from Galei Sanz over shabbos and paid for food there. We walked over for all the shabbos meals. It worked out beautifully.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 9:26 am
Why not a zimmer with take out?

SJcookie

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 9:27 am
June wrote:
we'd prefer a hotel because we could really use the break and a little bit of pampering, but we did consider finding a vacation apartment and using takeout. after looking into a few vacation apartments in Netanya and elsewhere, we realized it doesn't save any money and the inconvenience of arranging food isn't worth it.

I showed the earlier responses to my dh and we decided it's not worth 850 shekel to stay at this place for Shabbos, even with the beach.

anyone have any other ideas for a nice, inexpensive Shabbos away? we're willing to travel up to 2 hrs from Jerusalem by bus.

Hotel Ron in Tzfat. It is mehadrin, and I've heard that it is moderately priced. (Not sure about the pricing but for this time of year, it's definitely under 1000 nis including all the Shabbat meals)

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 9:46 am
SJcookie wrote:
Hotel Ron in Tzfat. It is mehadrin, and I've heard that it is moderately priced. (Not sure about the pricing but for this time of year, it's definitely under 1000 nis including all the Shabbat meals)

That sounds awesome, thanks for sharing! Now I need a vacation too!

SJcookie

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 10:14 am
Riff wrote:
That sounds awesome, thanks for sharing! Now I need a vacation too!

Me too LOL

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 10:16 am
We should do an imamother shabbaton Wink

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:05 am
The hotel has undergone a major renovation and is under entirely new management.

Check it out
http://gshotel.co.il/

Also if you search the hotel on google you will find more pictures and positive reviews.

Zeleze

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:54 am
I heard they charge about 2000 NIS for a couple for a Shabes now after the renovations

Thats a high price really . . .

lets hope someone has some feedback from a stay latley to hear what they think

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 8:58 am
We are looking to stay there this winter with our charedi family. I heard it's now beautiful, but we are RW MO. We are tznius, but we wear secular clothes. Will that be a problem?

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 5:41 am
Zeleze wrote:
I heard they charge about 2000 NIS for a couple for a Shabes now after the renovations

Thats a high price really . . .

lets hope someone has some feedback from a stay latley to hear what they think

When you say 2000 NIS for a couple for shabbos do you mean just the one night (leaving Motzei Shabbos) or does this include checkout on Sunday morning?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 6:10 am
My parents stayed there years ago with Mati lol. I think it was a problem of clean.. but very practiczl for religious needs
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions