Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bas mitzvah activities
Previous  1  2

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:
Agreed but to go make a bunch if phone calls and ask those who do it how much they charge will have some thinking they are getting a party

How would you get a quote, then? Surely the cost depends greatly on how many girls you have as well as types of activities. Well, I'm planning to spend GBP300-500 range for entertainment, if that helps.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:59 pm
Where we live, the girls all do a craft.
We have done:
1. flower centerpieces (totaled 10-15 dollars per girl...It was before shavuos so we had a whole flower theme. the girls made baskets with tissue paper flowers and artificial flowers.)
2. decorating teacups (totaled 5 dollars per girl....I got a good deal on a teacup and decorating pens set for only $1 each! Then, I purchased stencils to decorate the cups Her theme was a tea party)
3. wooden boxes (totaled $8 each. boxes were $4.50. I bought paint. I was able to use the stencils from the previous bas mitzvah ! Her theme was rainbows and we bought little wooden rainbows to attach to the boxes.)
We have a 4th coming up soon...she wants a pink heart and rose theme.....Her name is Raizel and she loves pink! I haven't figured out the craft yet.

For #3, we were going to do a beach/summer theme. The craft was going to be a small glass vase filled with sand and colorful stones and shells. we were going to get mini beach chairs and other mini beach items....pails, shovels, towels, etc. The outside was going to be decorated with stickers. and the neck of the vase tied with a colorful ribbon. That all came to about 10 dollars for one. I still have the sample...it's really cute! DD changed her mind in the end though!

Other crafts that my girls have done at their friends' bas mitzvahs: no-sew felt pillows, cookie making, cupcake decorating, jewelry making, decorating flower vases.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:04 pm
There are many ways of celebrating when a daughter becomes a bat mitzvah. One way, which can actually be rather inexpensive, is to do a group chesed project. Collecting clothing, or other needed items, and then sorting them at a party, can be fun, and quite fulfilling. Packing food for others, with perhaps a special greeting from an organizer, can be fun, and needless to say, a positive experience. Refreshments following, a dvar Torah perhaps, and you're done. It might not be what your area is used to, but who knows, you might start a trend.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:17 pm
At a classmates bas mitzva we made a beautiful huge sign with our school's logo out of different beans and peas etc. It hung in the entrance of the school for years. Not sure if it's still hanging there now. It was inexpensive group effort that we took so much pride in.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:54 pm
I actually recently launched a business where we do a specific very unique type of craft at parties. I wont mention details since this is not a paid advertisement...I have been looking into bat mitzvas but am wondering how much you ppl would spend per girl. would you spend $20-25 dollars per girl if its something very unique, cool, and of value?
would really appreciate responses.

mommyofd1

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 8:28 pm
we did those stones that get ironed on to fabric items for a couple of dollars a girl
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics