Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
I lost my address bar that has the http in it how do I get I

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 2:48 pm
I lost my address bar that has the http in it how do I get it back?
Internet Explorer Address Bar disappeared, When I click View -> Toobars -> Address Bar, I cannot get it to return.

Solution A - " If your address bar has disappeared from Internet Explorer, right-click on a toolbar and make sure there's a checkmark next to the Address Bar option. If there is, and if you still can't see the toolbar, try dragging and dropping other toolbars around [at the top of the Explorer Window]. "

Solution B - The Address Bar may have been inadvertently repositioned and, consequently, hidden. The address bar may be shoved to one side. You may need to uncheck 'Lock Toolbars' (View -> ToolBars -> Lock Toolbars) (or right-click any tools and uncheck Lock Toolbars") in order to drag any Toolbars at the top of the Window.

To rearrange Toolbars under Internet Explorer:

" The Address bar may be crowded out by links / other tool-bars (yahoo Toolbars, Google Toolbars), and is off to the far right of the screen. Solution: drag the tool-bar divider(s) to the left until the Address Bar reappears. One other suggestion may be to only view Standard Buttons and the Address Bar. Under IE 6 (and 5.x):

Rearranging the main toolbar

You can rearrange sections of the main toolbar. Toolbar sections are divided by a thin vertical line.

Make sure the toolbar is unlocked. The toolbar is unlocked if it has thick vertical bars next to the thin vertical toolbar dividers.

If it is locked, unlock the toolbar by right clicking the toolbar and selecting the Lock the Toolbars menu item.
    Grab the section of the toolbar you want to rearrange by moving the mouse over the thick vertical line on the left side of the desired segment. The mouse cursor changes its shape to indicate that you can click to move the toolbar section.

Click and hold the left mouse button to grab the toolbar section.

Move the section left and right or up and down. Release the mouse button to place it in the new location.
To prevent accidental changes to the toolbar lock it again by right clicking the toolbar and selecting the Lock the Toolbars menu item. [/list]

Solution C - Load Internet Explorer; Click View -> Toolbars [Ensure Lock Toolbars is unchecked]. Next, click View -> Toolbars [Ensure Standard Buttons and Address Bar are the only options checked].

Solution D - You may also wish to customize buttons and remove some entries to make more room; in this case, Load Internet Explorer and click View -> Toolbars -> Customize. "
If your IE6 Address Bar missing is correct and nor or more the toolbar is pushed extreme left or right, hidden, or whatever IE6 will do to make your daily life challenging.

Solution E - If this will not correct problem the easiest next solution is using repair tool in Add & Remove Programs in Control Panel: Start -> (Settings) -> Control Panel; Add & Remove Programs; Highlight Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 & Tools; Click Add/Remove Button; An application with 3 options opens: checkmark Repair Explorer.

For Mozilla Firefox:
1) Click on View, then Toolbars
2) Select Navigation Toolbar

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 4:37 pm
THANK YOU!

I'm pretty good with computers too, I do graphic design using quark and photoshop, all self-taught, I've been using a computer for years, but...

Last week my sister and my cousin came and used my computer while I was out, and when I came back, my address bar was gone! I tried reshuffling the toolbars there, but couldnt find it Sad I made do without it, I have a googlesearch toolbar as well as others, but it was just soooo annoying!

And now I have it back, so simple!
Thanks again.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 4:48 pm
I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 4:48 pm
are u giving computer classes WH

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 6:23 pm
Dunno, should I? I might as well make some dough. I currently have a software that allows me to connect to your computer (through the internet, with your authorization of course). Once I’m in there I can clean out your junk, fix your toolbars… I charge $1 per minute… with a minimum of 15 minutes. I’m currently doing this for my clients and B’H a lot of issues can be solved quickly, instead of waiting around until an expensive computer guy comes to your house. Yes, I take credit cards & PayPal.

Thanks for asking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics