Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Quick and easy Shabbos desserts?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

deena19k

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 7:56 am
Canned fruit cocktail is super easy Smile. That's what we do.

mommyshani

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 8:16 am
Get your kids involved - have them make cookies of some sort (that's what my mother did). Try cookie cutters - it's a great activity in this weather when they are making enough trouble anyway.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 10:25 am
if you have freezer space make a big batch of plain white cake batter. You can bake some plain, or as cupcakes. Add either blueberries, coconut, apples, choc chips or make into marble cake.

yaelinIN

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 11:04 am
Chocolate mousse made with silken tofu, melted chocolate chips (could do in Microwave), little coffee or vanilla extract and a little confectioners sugar if you want (taste it first - you may not want any). It's high in protein and yummy. Google vegan chocolate mousse with tofu. Easy-peasy and quick to make. I let my 9yo make it.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 11:39 am
Sanguine wrote:
This is our favorite and my favorite and it fits exactly what you're looking for

Jello with chocolate chips

Explanation - It tastes like just those Jova jell rings which I love (but can't get here)

I put it in little bowls - The first time I made it my kids were little and I told them I had counted exactly how many chocolate chips each got (they actually believed me and that saved us from "he got more chips" fights) - I like just a little chips but my kids make it with what I think is too much

It's the simplest dessert and it's light eating and the kids (and me) love it

We get 5-7 little bowls from a package. Just put the chocolate chips in the bowls and then pour the hot jello out of the measuring cup where you mix it

Perfect for your kids to make

Some of my kids like it frozen so I freeze some

I've served it to company too - everyone likes it

Good dessert after heavy meal like the seder (if you think you need dessert), Purim seuda (if you think you need dessert)

Like they say "There's always room for Jello" Very Happy

Does the hot jello melt the chocolate chips and blend into one mixture?

Simple1

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 11:40 am
Rice crispy treats are easy - you can probably find some recipes on this site.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 12:37 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Does the hot jello melt the chocolate chips and blend into one mixture?

No - only if you actually mix it - my kids sometimes do that, but they also put it too many chips. Just pour the hot jello on top in each bowl, let it set a little right there so it doesn't spill and then put them in the fridge. The chips stay as is. You want chips like chocolate chip cookies - A few chips in every bite but not totally chocolate

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 2:31 pm
Process frozen strawberries till finely ground. Add one jar bought applesauce to food processor. Mix a few minutes. Tastes great!

2 boxes of jello. Add boiling water (use 1/2 cup less than boxes call for). Pour into large bowl. (I use a trifle bowl and bring the whole thing to the table when serving.) Add 1 can crushed pineapple and 1/2 package frozen strawberries-defrosted and sliced. Mix and refrigerate.

cranberry

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 7:47 pm
These all sound great. Thanks!

I'm 7 months pregnant and reading some of them is making me want to make dessert, lots of dessert, right now. Smile

emunahmother

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 7:54 pm
Sanguine wrote:
This is our favorite and my favorite and it fits exactly what you're looking for

Explanation - It tastes like just those Jova jell rings which I love (but can't get here)

I put it in little bowls - The first time I made it my kids were little and I told them I had counted exactly how many chocolate chips each got (they actually believed me and that saved us from "he got more chips" fights) - I like just a little chips but my kids make it with what I think is too much

It's the simplest dessert and it's light eating and the kids (and me) love it

We get 5-7 little bowls from a package. Just put the chocolate chips in the bowls and then pour the hot jello out of the measuring cup where you mix it

Perfect for your kids to make

Some of my kids like it frozen so I freeze some

I've served it to company too - everyone likes it

Good dessert after heavy meal like the seder (if you think you need dessert), Purim seuda (if you think you need dessert)

Like they say "There's always room for Jello" Very Happy

Sounds amazing! I plan to try this. My mom loves this joyva rings and I bet I can make these with diet jello and she'll thank me for it!!
Can't wait to try it!

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 8:14 pm
I make ChocolateTown Pie. It's a recipe adapted from a Hershey Cookbook. The recipe says to put it into an unbaked pie crust but I find that a graham cracker crust works just as well, if not better. The margarine can be replaced with oil and tastes amazing! I sometimes add in peanut butter or other kinds of chips to make it interesting, but it's just as good as is.

Chocolatetown Pie (adapted from The Hershey Cookbook):
1 graham cracker crust
½ cup oil or margarine
2 eggs beaten
2 tsp. vanilla or 2 Tbsp. bourbon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour (can also use whole wheat)
1 cup semi-sweet choc. chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Cream oil or margarine, sugar and eggs, add other ingredients and mix well. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until golden. Let cool for an hour before serving.

Another easy dessert is Duncan Heinz Brownies, if you are in America. Anyone who can read and crack an egg can make them. You can serve with a scoop of Parve Ice Cream if you wish!

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 8:21 pm
You poor things--no jelly rings???

Please let me know when your birthdays are and where to mail them...I can't imagine life without jelly rings LOL

granolamom

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 8:44 pm
Sanguine wrote:

I've never met anyone else who liked those Joyva jell rings! my family thinks I'm crazy for liking them, whenever they see any at a school party or shul kiddush they bring some home for me. I just may have to try this dessert, thanks Smile

granolamom

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 8:48 pm
my kids like the ice cream sundae pie (from the purple spice and spirit cookbook). I use a graham cracker crust and trader joe's parve ice cream. if you dont have the cookbook, just let the ice cream soften, pour some in the crust and freeze. then make chocolate sauce (in double boiler melt a few handfuls of chocolate chips with about 3 Tbs each water and corn syrup) and let cool. pour over ice cream, return to freezer. when firm, pour the rest of the ice cream over the syrup layer and top with sprinkles. freeze until ready to serve. if you buy the chocolate sauce (or make it in advance), kids as young as 8 or 9 can easily make this without too much supervision.

goodmorning

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 8:48 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:

The strawberry sorbet I make is frozen strawberries and frozen apple juice concentrate blended together ONCE in the food processor. Zehu. And I get compliments all the time on it. The taste and consistency is just like the sorbet you buy. Thick, creamy, very red, smooth, sweet.

What is the ratio of strawberries to concentrate?

emunahmother

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 8:56 pm
Buy two tubs of ice cream. Vanilla and chocolate unless there is a different flavor ur family prefers.
Take out of freezer to soften.
In the mean time crush chocolate cookies. Or toast rice crispies with coconut crushed nuts and a drop of brown sugar. Or u can do simple chocolate chips.
Take first flavor and place at bottom of trifle bowl. Sprinkle topping on. Use the second flavor of Ice cream and sprinkle again on top. U can repeat for as many layers ud like. I like 4 so it would be two of each. Comes out looking really nice and everyone loves it bec they think u made the ice cream!!

SS6099

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 10:31 pm
No one mentioned Oreo pie or did I just miss it?
Mix unwhipped topping with crushed sandwich cookies and put in pie crust. Freeze. Yum!

momtra

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 11:33 pm
1. take the ready made choc chip cookies - place in pie dish - stick it in the oven and bake-
put vanilla ( pareve/soy) ice cream on the plate
2. cookie dough on bottom cover with oreoes( or pareve version)and top with duncan hines mix-bake
3. snickerdoodle cookies- insanely easy - on the side of the DH yellow cake mix

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 12:04 am
SS6099 wrote:
No one mentioned Oreo pie or did I just miss it?
Mix unwhipped topping with crushed sandwich cookies and put in pie crust. Freeze. Yum!

I was just wondering the same thing and about to post it! I don't make it often because I don't go for the sugar/chemical level, but it wins hands down for easiest and yummy.
1. Get a graham cracker type pie crust (ready made)
2. Crush one package of sandwich cookies (combination choc and vanilla is great)
3. Place cookies in pie crust.
4. Pour parve rich whip UNwhipped over cookies.
5. Smooth out only if cookies are sticking way up out of the cream.
6. Freeze until firm. Serve quickly after removing from freezer, it doesn't hold up very well.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 12:06 am
Oh I see, I missed the point about avoiding parve whip. Oh well. I've seen six year olds make this alone, though.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics