Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need shampoo suggestion for daughter

amother

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 9:23 am
My girls like to use baby shampoo when they wash their hair. Recently, I have noticed that my 9 year old's hair has become very greasy. She is not washing it any less. I think she needs a better shampoo, but I'm not sure what to get for her. She is afraid to use anything besides the baby shampoo because she is nervous it will get in her eyes.
Any suggestions?

mumoo

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 9:34 am
are you sure its the shampoo making the air greasy? sometimes 9 year olds in the shower on their own aren't so thorough about rinsing-especially if they are not washing their hair every day

if you switch to adult shampoo, using a handheld shower head helps direct the water off her face. also teach her to close her eyes until she's all done and can towel them

one squeamish dd would hold a washcloth over her face to avoid soap getting in (which we told her wouldn't happen if she would lift her chin way up)

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 9:34 am
For starters are you sure she is actually getting the shampoo worked into the scalp - I notice (cause I cut hair sometimes) that alot of kids cannot do this on their own. Also sometimes the head just gets too used to a shampoo so you have to change brands ... try loreal or suave for kids - I believe they have a variety.

challi

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 9:39 am
There are a lot of tearless kids shampoos on the market. I think that when kids reach 8-10 and above, their bodies/skin start producing a lot more oils. Baby shampoos arent quite strong enough for that since they are formulated for baby's hair.

Loreal kids is good, so is pert for kids. Both are strong, smell good (and loreal has a few diff scents to choose from) and should be labeled as tearless.

cindy324

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 4:04 pm
I think it's an age related thing. I noticed also that my 11 year old dd's hair has gotten greasier once she turned like 9 -10. My 7 year old could go without washing her hair for a week and her would probably look fine, but my 11 year old's looks greasy about 36 hours later. and it wasn't like that when she was younger. I think it's hormonal.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 9:38 pm
I had that - and dd had that. I think cindy's gotten it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics