Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Login Q.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 8:04 pm
Is there a way to have Imamother remember my screen name so that I automatically login when I open the site. Right now it only remembers my password and I have to type in the SN (yeah, I'm lazy Wink )
I know of another site that has this option.

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 8:36 pm
The internet standard is for a website to give you a little checkbox to tick off, which will then save your login data in a ‘cookie’ file on your computer. Then, when you return to that website, the cookie will then tell the site ‘this is she’ and it will already have your info fille din for you.

Windows Xp has an ‘auto-complete’ feature which I like very much. Back when you first started using Internet Explorer (IE), it asked you if you wanted the program to remember your passwords so you wouldn't need to type them in again. Chances are that you checked off ‘don’t ask me again’.

You should enable this feature because it is really smart. When I come to imamother.com, I don’t t type my username. I simple double-click in the username box and choose ‘withhumor’ from the list. It then filled in my username AND my password, and all I have to do is click to login, or even the ENTER key.

To get this cool feature back on your computer, go to Internet Explorer.

2. Choose Tools --> Internet Options --> Content.

IE shows you the Internet Options dialog box.

3. Click AutoComplete.

IE brings up the AutoComplete Settings dialog box. Choose the setting sthat you want on your computer.

You can also use this same area for cleaning out the old passwords, and start over.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:31 pm
Thanks so much! I tried the double-clicking and it worked! I guess I do have this feature. Makes life easier Very Happy

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:38 pm
You’re welcome.

su7kids

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:45 pm
And if you're using Mozilla Firefox, you can have it all saved!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics