Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What month to apply for teaching job for next year?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 10:53 am
I used to wait till around Pesach or April to apply for teaching jobs for the coming year. The principal made it seem like people are applying earlier and earlier due to the overflooded job market and people are even sending in their resumes in February. I do not want to seem too desperate or eager yet do not want to be behind the rest of everyone sending resumes. Is January too early to apply? I would obviously resend it every month or two?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 10:54 am
Wow. I was under the impression Pesach time as well. That's when they start coming in at the school where I teach.

STMommy

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 11:16 am
Before I even read your post, just from the title, my answer would be January/February.
If the principal is telling you February, get yours in by Feb 1st.

morah

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 11:41 am
February is when most schools start to find out where they may have an opening. You likely won't get an interview before March, but definitely get that resume in in February. January is too early, and anyway, most schools are on break or will be on break over the next week or two.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 9:02 pm
Another vote for February. Does not have to be the first, they will not be hiring on the spot at this point, they'll be waiting to collect the whole first wave of applicants.

Do NOT resend it every month or two. DO call every so often to follow up and inquire where they are in their hiring process. Only resend if you talk to them and they tell you they can't find yours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics