Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How long should my hair grow between laser sessions?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 2:44 am
Im doing hairline laser. How long should my hair grow between sessions?
I made an appointment for 4.5 weeks from my first session but its one week and I already have the fuzzies.

Heyaaa

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 5:09 am
You're supposed to shave in between. Also the appointments should be 6 weeks apart.

Also it takes a couple weeks for the hairs to fall out. First they have to grow in before they fall out.

Last edited by Heyaaa on Thu, Jan 09 2014, 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

incognito

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 7:00 am
Is hairline different than other areas? For other areas I was instructed not to touch hair and to come when it starts to grow and that it did not need to be long at all

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 7:25 am
You often don't see results after one session. IME, hair begins to grow in patchy once it starts working.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 9:08 am
You often don't see major results until after a few sessions. The hair grows in cycles so you don't get to all of the hair at each treatment. Most people need 6-8 treatments.
Sometimes the hair that comes out right away is actually the same hair that was already there before treatment, but the roots are getting pushed out. If you pull it with a tweezers and it slides out easily it means it's the old hair. Otherwise, it's new hair growing in. This is usually when you see hair right away, not a few weeks later.
I actually tell people to come back 4-6 weeks after treatment. If your hair is growing in after 4.5 weeks I would tell you to call the place and get the next treatment ASAP. You don't want to mess with the hair cycles. As long as it's at least 4 weeks and the hair is growing in, you should get it done. If you wait too long between treatments and your hair is already very grown in you may have to do more treatments.
Eventually, the hair starts growing in much thinner and more spaced out. It will also usually take longer to grow in, so that's when treatment can start to be more spaced out. Everyone is different. Some people can wait 6 weeks and some 10 weeks for the hair to grow in after a few treatments.
You are allowed to shave whenever you want when doing laser, since it doesn't interfere at all. However, you should not be tweezing or waxing at all since they can mess with the hair growing cycles.

**I work at a laser place

amother

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 10:15 pm
update

the fuzzies I had was the old hair coming out. It has now been 2 weeks since my first session and all that hair fell out. I think new hair might be starting to come in but I cant tell.

smiledr

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 7:50 am
It takes 6-8 treatments not 4-6 like I was told - and I'm not very hairy. I was waiting 6 weeks between as per my doctor but I'm going to start w 8 weeks to give it a little more time grow in. Totally worth the money and the discomfort in my opinion - nothing like smooth hairy free skin!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics