Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Changing your Avatar (custom member identity image)

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 6:46 pm
Avatar, noun [av-uh-tahr, av-uh-tahr]

1 - an embodiment or personification, as of a principle, attitude, or view of life.
2 - Computers. a graphical image that represents a person, as on the Internet.

Idea In your imamother.com profile you can upload (last thing in the page) your own avatar file. The requirements are that the file must be of a GIF or JPG file format, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB.

Step 1 - decide on an image (or steal one from someone else!)

Step 2 – go to http://www.picresize.com and find the image saved on your computer. You better know where you saved it to!

Step 3 – click continue. On the next page, go to # 2 (Choose New Size (Width/Height)Smile choose Make my picture: Custom Size, and enter the # 80 and chooe pixels from the drop down list of choices. Don’t’ put in Height (Optional).

Scroll down to the end of the page, and choose save as: Jopg. Then hit RESIZE PIC. On the next page, click Click Here to Download/Save As and remember wher eyou’re saving it to on your computer. That is your small avatar, and you can now upload it to your profile.

Tongue Out If you want to get fancy and crop out only a certain part of an image, then you will need more graphic skills. You can also try this website again http://www.picresize.com and follow step 1. By step 2, read their instructions for selecting an area. Have a blast!

Member roza recommends http://elouai.com/doll-makers/.....r.php

Ribbie used her Yahoo profile icon

Greenfire asked her daughter to make one for her

Sevensense takes them right off google images…

And Proudmom is offering to resize your favorite picture

yersp

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 7:10 pm
thanks for the instructions! I'll try it soon!

yersp

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 7:12 pm
awwwwwwww!! didnt work!! Guess I'll have to choose a different pic!

mumoo

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 7:38 pm
I like my yahoo icon. I just figured out how to download it, but I can't figure out how to make it animate on imamother. any suggestions, withhumor, you computer genius?

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 8:09 pm
If it’s an animated gif file, then it will remain animated after uploading. The only thing that can go wrong is if you resize it with a program that loses the animation. Can you try uploading it and see what happens?

RedVines

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:49 pm
Thanks so much withhumor!!!! Now I can proudly display my texas pride! YeeHaw!

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:55 pm
Yeeeeeeeeeeeha!

GAMZu

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 1:09 am
When I resize my pic to 80 pix, the KB are still too large, like 20 or something. If I make it 6 KB, the entire pic is the size of
<---------- that baby's paci.

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 10:05 am
Gamzu - Here’s a tool to take your image and save it in a much smaller file size (kb, not dimensions). This tool http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer will crunch it and show you a few versions to pick from. Good Luck!

yedidya's mom

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 11:51 am
withhumor I tried crunching my pic on the link you gave but then it gets all fuzzy and you cant see anything...what now?

red sea

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 11:56 am
thanx withhumor! now I'm all dressed 4 purim, that picresize thing is much easier than the way I used to do it Smile

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 12:00 pm
Use a JPG compression for photographs with lots of colors, or images with lots of gradient shadings

Use Gif compression for images with sharp color lines such as a flag with 2 colors, or a logo with a few colors.

Make sure you use the best possible version. If it’s still fuzzy, get a different pic because that’s the downside of compressing your image. Sad

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 1:07 pm
I keep on cutting down the size of the pict but it still always says that the size needs to be 6 kb or less. what to do?

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 1:11 pm
let's cry together...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics