Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Any reviews on meshimer web filter?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 10:05 pm
Those who have it installed please tell me your experience. Also why you chose this specific filter. Thanks.

Dalia

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 11:16 pm
Do you mean venishmartem?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 11:26 pm
rfried wrote:
Do you mean venishmartem?

I know that there's another name people refer about this web filter but not sure if the one you mention.

ShirleyTemple

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 11:29 pm
My husband put it on. I wasn't for it. We first had it set up as a home computer so that blocks EVERYTHING. No shopping at all, no amazon, nothing.

We then asked to be treated as a business so we got access to most shopping sites. If a site was still blocked I was able to request to hv it unblocked and it usually happened within a day or two.

Basically, they filter the pages so even if a site is unblocked u may still find blocked out pictures etc. it's annoying, I must say.

They do try to work with the client and try to satisfy you though. You can call them with issues and they log on to ur computer remotely and try to fix it.

HTH

amother

Post Sat, Jan 25 2014, 11:37 pm
ShirleyTemple wrote:
My husband put it on. I wasn't for it. We first had it set up as a home computer so that blocks EVERYTHING. No shopping at all, no amazon, nothing.

We then asked to be treated as a business so we got access to most shopping sites. If a site was still blocked I was able to request to hv it unblocked and it usually happened within a day or two.

Basically, they filter the pages so even if a site is unblocked u may still find blocked out pictures etc. it's annoying, I must say.

They do try to work with the client and try to satisfy you though. You can call them with issues and they log on to ur computer remotely and try to fix it.

HTH

are they controlling everything being searched? Do they keep track of your history? and about videos or u tube? or if you want a site to be open if it's totally unrelated to business, like news sites, imamother?

ShirleyTemple

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 12:14 am
amother wrote:
are they controlling everything being searched? Do they keep track of your history? and about videos or u tube? or if you want a site to be open if it's totally unrelated to business, like news sites, imamother?

I don't think they keep record of my history but hey, there is nothing to be embarrassed of cuz u can't access bad sites anyways. So they know I visit gasp and Macys frequently. Again, im not sure if they monitor you so closely at all.

You tube it's completely blocked. Most filters block it, I think. At least while I had k9 it was blocked too.

Imamother is blocked but I'm pretty sure they'll open it for you once requested and given the nature of this site. But I don't guarantee it since I never tried. (I'm logged in from my phone :-))

Again, not sure about news sites. Never tried. Why don't you ask them directly?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics