Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Why I am glad I have dogs!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:30 pm
I have two chihuahuas, averaging about 5 pounds each. Not exactly the most ferocious beasts, but they can bark when needed. They never bark for no reason.

Just a few minutes ago, I was in the shower, and DD was hanging out in the bathroom talking to me. We heard the dogs barking pretty insistently, and I yelled down the hall for them to shush.

When I got out of the shower and dried off, DD asked me "Why is it so cold in here?" Then we looked, and the front door was open! (I rarely lock it during the day.)

Obviously, someone tried the door, found it open, and considered coming in. The dogs had scared them off!! Rolling Eyes

Guess who's getting steak for dinner. Very Happy

crystal

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:43 am
Glad it ended well.... lock your doors!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:50 am
crystal wrote:
Glad it ended well.... lock your doors!!!

Lesson learned! I still have chills about it. Shaking

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:53 am
Hug

That must have been scary! How is your daughter doing?

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:01 am
yeah our dog is the door bell, ours currently does not work.

Ours is a dachshund/spaniel mix, same thing not much to look at but knows how to bark!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 1:11 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Hug

That must have been scary! How is your daughter doing?

We both double checked the locks before I put her to bed, but she knows that when she says Shema, that she is protected by Hashem. Very Happy

DH is out of town on business, and I just told him what happened. He's pretty freaked out that he wasn't here to protect us. I do own a gun, but I figure as long as I have dogs, G-d willing I'll never have to touch my gun. I think of it as a life insurance policy. I'm glad I have it, but never want to have to use it! (but I would in an emergency, without hesitating)

I'm going to email a report to my neighborhood block watch. There have been several break ins lately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets