Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Praying for a pet

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 5:24 am
My pet is sick and I would like to pray for her.
I was wondering how I should do it or even if it's okay. Can I say tehillim for a pet or is is like offensive in some way because you can't treat an animal like a person. Or should I just talk to hashem in my language and just say please heal my pet. I really love her.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 7:31 am
I was told even tehilim is ok. Maybe ask your own shaila?

Happy18

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 7:55 am
I don't have an issue with it. Ask a shayla if you want.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:49 am
I don't see why prayer is wrong. I would use your own words. Start off with thanking Hashem for letting you find the pet, giving you the resources to take care of her, and all the warmth she's brought to your life. Ask for her to heal, and for you to have the strength to deal with whatever may be ahead. And while I hope your pet lives and lives well, my personal prayer is that Hashem should give you many sources of the warmth and love and unconditional love your dear pet brings you.

ET change a word in last line. Can't figure out what I was originally thinking.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Wed, Jan 29 2014, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 10:34 am
Hashem is our father and we can ask him/tell him whatever we want. By all means, pray for your pet. After all He has the power to heal.

Dh laffs when I pray for the health of our cars alongside the health of our family. He laffs that I ask Hashem to help me find good parking spaces and lost objects too, but hey, it works.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 12:18 pm
I don't see the problem, but if for some reason it were, just turn the words so that you are davening for yourself that you should have the comfort of having your pet around and healthy.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 1:13 pm
If Chazal tell us we can pray about a broken shoelace, we can certainly pray for a pet. AYLOR about appropriate texts.

May yours have a refuah shleima.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 2:06 pm
Thanks everyone this was really helpful.
I accidentally posted a double thread thank you also to cinammon and rrs123 from the duplicate thread.
Especially PinkFridge thank you for praying for me

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:50 pm
Hugs OP. It's so hard. My elderly kitty is in really bad shape as of yesterday, and I am praying that her passing be gentle and pain free if it is her time. I don't think she'll recover this time. It's so hard, I'm so devastated.

I will pray for a refuah sheleima for your pet. If you have concerns about what specifically is OK, please talk with your rav but you can pray for your pet. Hashem loves all his creation.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:57 pm
OP how is your pet? I hope you are OK.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 6:25 am
Thank you I was b"h able to bring her (a cat) home today although she is still not back to normal. But I think it will turn out okay.
Amother I hope when your kitty goes at the right time she will be comfortable and I am sure she feels your love.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets