Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Big girls toilet training

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 8:27 am
My dd are 9 and 5 ys old.
Every single night my dh has to take them to the bath room 3 times otherwise they wet the bed.
When will they be trained?
Will we have to wake them up for the rest of their life?
Really,I mean how can we bring them to the stage where they wake up automatically?
did you experience that?

cindy324

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:56 am
OK, I will admit this under my user name.

I wet the bed until I was 12 years old. There was absolutely nothing that helped, until one day it just stopped on it's own. We tried medication, an alarm (yes, it would shriek every time it would start getting wet )I believe it's hereditary, and it has to do with an immature bladder. That's why GoodNites were created. they're made big enough for older kids who have this problem, my 7 year old was using them up until a couple of weeks ago and then it just suddenly stopped and now no more accidents.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:18 pm
Bed-wetting is very common, although it's more common by boys.
I had 2 brothers who did it till about 10-11. I remember sometimes thinking what would happen if he still does it when he gets married? embarrassed Well, nobody gets married like that! They eventually outgrow it.
Try limiting liquids before bed, I think I remember something about drinking cranberry juice, there is also some type of nasal spray.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training