Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Rice
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:12 pm
Honestly, I think when reading the recipe, people would automatically, in their heads, adjust it so that the recipe is kosher. I do that all the time. I think, TR, by making a big case out of it you've drawn unnecessary attention to Defy's post in a negative way. You could have simple said, "Oh, by the way, don't forget to make sure to adjust the butter to margarine." Or something else nice and positive. It's sad that a person finds something for someone else and then a third party has to make a HUGE deal out of it. A sweet little reminder to be careful would have sufficed.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:16 pm
amother wrote:
Honestly, I think when reading the recipe, people would automatically, in their heads, adjust it so that the recipe is kosher. I do that all the time. I think, TR, by making a big case out of it you've drawn unnecessary attention to Defy's post in a negative way. You could have simple said, "Oh, by the way, don't forget to make sure to adjust the butter to margarine." Or something else nice and positive. It's sad that a person finds something for someone else and then a third party has to make a HUGE deal out of it. A sweet little reminder to be careful would have sufficed.

Yes

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:18 pm
I agree. I'd love to hear of a case where someone didn't know any better and automatically mixed meat and dairy.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:20 pm
Does anyone actually make their own chicken broth for recipes???

Hannah!

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:22 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:27 pm
Nice answer!

Although, I think TR only used the term idiot b/c I did as well.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:
You didn't read the whole thread, because that's what I did at first. Defy disagreed with me and that's fine with me too. I'm not insulted, and I hope she's not either. Smile

A little discussion is okay, everything on this forum is up for discussion. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't see that as negative. If anything, it promotes clarity.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:31 pm
Yeah, I don't agree, but I'm definitely not insulted. I enjoy the debate!

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:35 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Nice answer!

Although, I think TR only used the term idiot b/c I did as well.

Yes, Hannah, you misunderstood me, I was paraphrasing what Defy said.

About the fish and dairy disclaimer, you did the right thing. About the cheese unavailable in Cholov Yisrael - it doesn't automatically mean that it's not cholov yisrael, in certain locations it probably could be gotten in CY. so that's different. but you could attach a disclaimer to that too.

There's something about posting ingredients in conflict with kashrus that bothers me. That's why I think it's best to ask a Rav, especially if it's not outright ossur or there's room to think not, we want to acheive some clarity.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes