Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Kisses Amy
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 10:38 pm
Mayim posted on her blog, what went on behind the scenes - and in her head- during that scene. So the kiss was real. no camera angles.

newkallah

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 10:52 pm
Sheldon in real life is gay and Mayim is frum. Oy!!

sequoia

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 11:34 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Mayim posted on her blog, what went on behind the scenes - and in her head- during that scene. So the kiss was real. no camera angles.

Yeah I just read her blog.

bluebird

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 11:42 pm
Mayim Bialik is observant, but not Orthodox. I wouldn't expect her to hold to Orthodox standards.

willow

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:51 am
bluebird wrote:
Mayim Bialik is observant, but not Orthodox. I wouldn't expect her to hold to Orthodox standards.

Still I feel when you tell your readers that you try to do certain things (like wear a semi Tznuis dress at the events) and don't we feel let down. Not that she has an obligation to us but there is a disappointment when other non-jewish actress wear/wore gowns (julianna margulies comes to mind) that were actually really modest.

willow

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:53 am
For Example Steven Hill when he was becoming religious said no more Negiah with opposite relations. He stuck to that.

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:44 am
I jts did a google image search. From what I've seen, Mayim Bialik dresses very tznua, esp by Hollywood standards. I see sleeves in every photo -- how many other Hollywood actresses dress like that?

I don't think it's fair to compare her mode of dress to a FFB hassidishe woman from Brooklyn and say, "meh, Mayim's not so tznua."

saw50st8

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:46 am
men have a much easier time in Hollywood

willow

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 1:15 pm
DrMom wrote:
I jts did a google image search. From what I've seen, Mayim Bialik dresses very tznua, esp by Hollywood standards. I see sleeves in every photo -- how many other Hollywood actresses dress like that?

I don't think it's fair to compare her mode of dress to a FFB hassidishe woman from Brooklyn and say, "meh, Mayim's not so tznua."

Totally not comparing her to a ffb lady.Generally I think she is modestly dressed but her last dress was cleavage and short sleeves. Other actress manage to do it successfully so I don't think that her dress was modest( will try to find link)

BabsB

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 2:29 pm
I also read her blogs and I find her attempts at tznius a little lackluster.
It's often "sleeves" that are mere mesh and to me, not really sleeves at all. I read her agonizing a lot over trying to stick to modesty, but I rarely feel like she achieves it. Especially, as another poster pointed out, we see other stars successfully achieve it without even trying for it.
But, I also believe each person has their own path, she is her own person, so sincerely best of luck to her.

As for the scene itself (which I knew was coming, thanks imamother!) I still squealed. I don't watch the show and see Mayim, the observant Jew, I see Amy Farrah Fowler, and I was pretty excited for this development.

Peanut2

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 2:55 pm
Can we let this go?

If I became a famous actress I'd still keep kosher and shabbos but tzniut would probably fly out the window. Maybe not entirely, but I wouldn't care about sleeves.

So let's not judge anyone until we are in her shoes, k?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 7:15 pm
Im the poster that originally brought up that I was slightly disappointed. Just want to clarify that I really respect and admire Mayim for her advances in yiddishkeit. She had a flourishing successful career when she began this journey and has progressed and inspired so many. It s not easy being religious in the show business... Kudos

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:21 pm
as soon as she was cast as someone's 'girlfriend' I knew this issue would come up. She managed to avoid it for a long time because Sheldon does not want a physical relationship but ultimately she'd either hav eto break up with him or move forward, because this cant continue forever. As kisses go, it wasnt a very racy one .(I stopped watching online TV when I got pg a year + ago, but this I had to see on youtube Very Happy)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics