Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
PDF files

happyone

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 9:06 am
Is there any way to turn a pdf file into a text file???
Thanks

withhumor

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 9:17 am
Yes and no. If your PDF contains lots of text, you should try clicking the TEXT SELECT icon, which looks like this

Then, your mouse will change to a cursor and will allow you to select your text. You can also select ALL quickly by doing Control+A. you can then copy those text and paste it elsewhere.

If you need a software to do it, be advised that nobody will do it like a human being. PDF’s were created to be able to pass documents around globally via the internet at any speed. The downside of this is that the table structures are messed up a bit and loses its integrity when a software tried to convert it automatically.

You can try any of these gazillion ones: http://www.pdftoall.com/

happyone

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 9:21 am
OMG! For years I've been retyping pdf files -- it worked with the select text icon is about two second!!! Thanks a ton!!!!

withhumor

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 9:23 am
You’re very welcome. NEVER re-type anything before you ask… That’s why we have computers.

rachel

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 10:57 am
Can't believe how easy this is. I was gonna ask the same question. Dh and me were trying to figure this out for as long as I remember. We just never got around to call somebody and ask.

Withhumor - Thanks so much for moderating this new section. I've wasted hours upon hours trying to figure out certain things only to find out that it takes exactly 2 seconds. You'll be saving alot of us precious time (so maybe we'll have some more to waste on Imamother Wink )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics