Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Seinfeld was much funnier than Jimmy Fallon on Tonight Show

Who do you think is funniest?
Jimmy Fallon  
 28%  [ 11 ]
Jerry Seinfeld  
 66%  [ 26 ]
Johnny Carson  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

amother

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 10:31 pm
Jerry Seinfeld was much funnier than Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show and Jimmy Fallon was not half as funny as Johnny Carson (if youre old enough to remember who that is) used to be! I dunno....

Seinfeld's comedy routine about emails and mailmen was hilarious. He put Fallon to shame imho.

fmt4

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 10:48 pm
Jerry Seinfeld shouldn't be in the same category as Fallon and Carson. He wasnt a host of the show, he just guested. Fallon had only done one show, give him a chance. I think he's adorable.

fmt4

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 10:51 pm
Btw why the heck are you amother? You're afraid your views on late night comedy are too controversial? So weird.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 11:03 pm
fmt4 wrote:
Jerry Seinfeld shouldn't be in the same category as Fallon and Carson. He wasnt a host of the show, he just guested. Fallon had only done one show, give him a chance. I think he's adorable.
I saw all Fallon's Tonight Show perfomances this week and wasnt impressed with ANY. I might have thought these were all "off" nights, or that he deserves a chance because hes a beginner, but hes been a host for a long time elsewhere.

Thats him, like it or not, and I dont. Yes hes cute, but he doesnt make me laugh. Isnt a comic supposed to?

m+m

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 4:56 pm
I think Fallon is great, but Seinfeld is a better comedian. I don't know Carson Smile

Cookie Monster

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 5:12 pm
ITA! If not for Seinfeld it wouldve been rather blah. Fallon looks kinda nervous to me, which is weird cuz hes been hosting talk show for years !

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 5:51 pm
I'm sure different folks will laugh at different jokes

amother

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 10:10 pm
Some of the things Fallon says I could barely figure out and neither did DH.... like the dumb skit with the 3 nerdy looking guys in those white hats (I forgot what those hats are called) and striped jackets...anyone got the idea behind that? That was ONE barely understandable skit. The former SNL woman, who was one of the guests this week, and him, werent that funny either. Thats troubling. Theyre not on to be serious. Im trying to think if I liked anything.

DrMom

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 1:56 am
amother wrote:
Some of the things Fallon says I could barely figure out and neither did DH.... like the dumb skit with the 3 nerdy looking guys in those white hats (I forgot what those hats are called) and striped jackets...anyone got the idea behind that? That was ONE barely understandable skit.

They took a double-entendre-laced R&B song and arranged it as a barbershop quartet piece. If you never heard the original, it won't make any sense to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2LiFsdrXF4

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 3:25 am
I prefer Jimmy Kimmel any night.

Cookie Monster

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 7:57 am
Did anyone also notice that Fallon doesn't Focus properly on the camera. He sorta looking down in a nervous kinda way.

fmt4

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 8:42 am
That's part of his shtick! He's the nice guy, being nervous is part of his persona. And the barbershop quartet was genius! Honestly if you're not somewhat up to date on popular culture than you would probably not appreciate a lot of his jokes. And if you dont even know what a barbershop quartet is, I'm not sure what kind of culture you relate to- cuz this was a perfect mix of old and new. There's a reason why they replaced Leno with him. They want to appeal to a younger crowd, but Fallon also appeals to older viewers. All the reviews said he was great and could be the start of a Carson-like era, even the older reviewers.

Redbird

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 6:18 pm
JON STEWART!!

Grandma 1

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 9:41 am
I'm curious. How many of you that didn't vote for Johnny Carson, are familiar with him on the Tonight show? I gueess that I could be wrong, but I think that the vote is skewed, because of the age of the respondents. It can only be a fair vote, if those that participate can fairly judge between all of the choices. Also, by comparing Jimmy Fallon and Johnny Carson to Jerry Seinfeld, you're comparing apples to oranges, since Seinfeld is a stand up comedian, and situation comedy star, rather than a talk show host.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 9:44 am
Grandma 1 wrote:
I'm curious. How many of you that didn't vote for Johnny Carson, are familiar with him on the Tonight show? I gueess that I could be wrong, but I think that the vote is skewed, because of the age of the respondents. It can only be a fair vote, if those that participate can fairly judge between all of the choices. Also, by comparing Jimmy Fallon and Johnny Carson to Jerry Seinfeld, you're comparing apples to oranges, since Seinfeld is a stand up comedian, and situation comedy star, rather than a talk show host.

ITA!

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 10:23 am
Grandma 1 wrote:

I've seen the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and never thought he was funny at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics