Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Lost my reply..any hope to retrieve it?

rachel

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 11:38 am
I typed a long reply to somebody and lost it with one click Sad . I don't know what I did but is it still possible to retreive it? I didn't copy to clipboard bec. I didn't about this function (just realized now).

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 11:53 am
Did you try clicking the back button?

withhumor

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 12:55 pm
In which program did you type it up? If it was in Outlook, check the drafts folder. Many online web based email programs have a drafts folder too. P.S. when typing up stuff, get into the habit of hitting CONTORL+S (save) every few sentences. It may be obsessive but you’ll never cry over a typed up letter ever again. In emails, saved unsent emails go to the drafts folder and you can continue where you left off anytime.

rachel

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 2:08 pm
I was typing a reply on Imamother and I did try to press the back button. But it didn't help.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 5:43 pm
withhumor, can you do Control+S for replies in the reply box of imamother? Where would it be saved to?

This has happened to me quite a few times, when the reply is short, I click on copy to clipboard right away, but if involved in a long post, I sometimes forget. Then, somehow, a pinky strikes a wrong key on the side(?) and suddenly, I am back in the forum thread to which I am replying. I used to click on Forward - not back and see my reply intact, but this is no longer the case. What

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:33 am
I’ve looked all over and the answer is no. if you hit control+s it will prompt you to save the current page. I think this should be a recommendation for internet explorers future version (we just missed version 7!). Wouldn’t it be cool if typing something and doing control+s would save a temp file on the desk top of your typed contents?

Temporarily, learn to juggle a window of Microsoft word for typing. I type my replies there and then when I’m done I paste it into the reply box. You get spell checker as an added bonus, but word also has an auto save feature which you can save for any amount of time that you are comfortable with.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 1:08 pm
withhumor wrote:
I’ve looked all over and the answer is no. if you hit control+s it will prompt you to save the current page. I think this should be a recommendation for internet explorers future version (we just missed version 7!). Wouldn’t it be cool if typing something and doing control+s would save a temp file on the desk top of your typed contents?

I don't think that's such a good idea. It would take up a lot of space, especially if someone is a heavy poster, and she'll constantly need to delete. Another option is to highlight and control c so that it will be saved in your clipboard, and if it's lost, you can paste it using control v.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics