Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Changing kitchen over 4 pesach

cl

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:26 am
will u do it b4 or after shabbos?
Pesach starts Monday evening this year.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:26 am
After.

LikeMeDoes

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:39 am
I'd do it after but clean it all before and cook with only pesach ingrediants - if you could get a couple pots just for this kind of sitch, that's even better. The only chometz would be challah.

red sea

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:17 am
after

red sea

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:18 am
after

RedVines

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:51 am
I would love to change after....any tips, I havent a clue!

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:56 am
freak- ppl are already thinking about pesach?

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 7:04 am
I cannot and will not keep pesach for 2 weeks - I usually work on it the Sunday before - however I start getting rid of things and do not buy more to accumulate after purim. It makes life that much easier.

cl

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 7:26 am
pesach cleaning wotn start till after purim but u know when u cant fall asleep at night questions like this pop into ur head..!

shayna82

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 7:28 am
we are chanign over on wednesday night, everything. we will eat the rest of the week at my inlaws and eat there shabbos too, they are going away so they arent doing much cleaning...

that way ill have enough time to lug my huge body around my kitchen making food. last year I didnt give myself enough time. I dont know how you guys are gonna do it, having hardly two days to cook

shopaholic

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 9:08 am
defintely before. Then we will have a Pesachdik Shabbos & I can start some cooking.

BlumaG

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:36 am
prob after, I I yh will have all pesach cooking done and frozen b4 that, MIL has a pesach kitchen

shalhevet

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:58 am
For sure before!

If you are staying home and cooking for Pesach, how can you get to Shabbos with a chometz kitchen when Bedikas Chometz is Sunday night?

This happened a few years ago, and it was actually one of my most organized Pesachs I think. I knew I HAD to finish the kitchen in time to cook for Shabbos. I find it takes me almost a day even after the kitchen is completely clean just to get ready to cook - covering shelves; kashering the countertops; putting the Pesach dishes and food in place etc.

I have nowhere else to cook, so no cooking till my kitchen is ready!

That Shabbos we ate in the living room which I always leave for last anyway. Pesach food was dished up in the kitchen and brought to our challah-laden table on disposables.

Then Mot"sh and Sunday I could cook, launder and finish the living room and other last minute things.

Of course if you are going away/ eating out and don't have to cook you have all Sunday to finish off.

JMto2

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:05 pm
I want to change over the wednesday before I can than start cooking and freeezing I have already started cleaning for pesach and once purim comes along the real work starts.

LubavitchLeah

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:07 pm
I will do it a week before, last year did it this way too. I have family coming to me for Pesach and I need to spend week preparing food etc, no way I can do it all in a few hours, plus you need to wait I think 24 hours to pour the boiling water over sinks, surfaces after they have been cleaned, drainoed (if thats such a word) Dont know how much time one would have then to cook following cleaning motzei shabbos?I think, every year I forget this and need to recheck my kashering halachas but I think thats the case. I always get stressed thinking about what I have to do, but I need that week to slowly cook, freeze, shop, make certain things. Im already freaking out thinking about it.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 4:50 pm
planning to kasher and change over kitchen on Thursday night.
Shabbos is going to be pesachdik bought. Maybe I'll make a couple things in the pesachdik kitchen.
We will use paper good as we normally do not eat store bought food/product on pesach.
Dont know what to do about the Challah with my kids. Maybe we will do what we do when erev pesach falls out on shabbos and eat it on the porch.

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 4:55 pm
I'm not going to change until Sunday. But everything will be cleaned so I can do it right away. I'll cook shabos early in the week.

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:05 pm
if I am home for Peisach, I will changeover on Motzaei Shabbes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics