Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
I want a puppy!

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 12:42 pm
I have 9 kids, 11 love birds, 3 cats, and a dog, and now I want a puppy.

What is wrong with me?

Seriously.

DS babysat a puppy (in our home) recently, and I fell in love, and I have been perusing ads for puppies, ever since. I want a shitzu puppy. Soft, cuddly, little.

But give me a break. What is my problem?

I really have enough pets. Don't you think?

I read that having two dogs is difficult, and this one might hurt the new one, so I tried to just let it go. But I feel a loss about it.

Can someone psychoanalyze (sp?) me on this, please?!

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 12:45 pm
And one of my DC won't stop bothering me for a horse. Rolling Eyes

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 12:54 pm
RUFF !!! RUFF !!!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 1:08 pm
chani8 wrote:
And one of my DC won't stop bothering me for a horse. Rolling Eyes

Forget the puppy, just get a horse. And why would you need someone to psychoanalyze you--whats wrong with liking animals?

sequoia

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 1:39 pm
Me too.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
Forget the puppy, just get a horse. And why would you need someone to psychoanalyze you--whats wrong with liking animals?
Liking animals could lead to veterinary school ...

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 2:40 pm
And I just emailed my mom, and instead of telling me I'm crazy, she asked if I wanted a boy or girl puppy. LOL

But seriously folks, I think there is something wrong with me.

Some people have an empty hole and fill it with food.

I think I'm trying to fill a hole.

There has to be a better way.

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 2:42 pm
imasoftov wrote:
amother wrote:

When I was a (non-religious) kid, I dreamed of becoming a veterinarian, living in the country, having lots of kids, growing vegetables.

I have always loved animals and kids.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 3:59 pm
chani8 wrote:
imasoftov wrote:
amother wrote:

When I was a (non-religious) kid, I dreamed of becoming a veterinarian, living in the country, having lots of kids, growing vegetables.

Yup, that is the key to your problem. You had a dream (and most likely still have it subconsciously) which you did not fulfill and that is what is making you feel restless and unhappy. I would suggest you either become a veterinarian or volunteer at a vets office or animal shelter or in a zoo or on a farm so that you can feel like you are fulfilling your dream of working with animals.

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
chani8 wrote:
imasoftov wrote:
amother wrote:

Yup, that is the key to your problem. You had a dream (and most likely still have it subconsciously) which you did not fulfill and that is what is making you feel restless and unhappy. I would suggest you either become a veterinarian or volunteer at a vets office or animal shelter or in a zoo or on a farm so that you can feel like you are fulfilling your dream of working with animals.

That is sweet. I like it!! I'm going to go sleep on that thought and contemplate it tomorrow. Thank you. Wink Good night imamothers. (Cant wait to see how many new Ask Me threads there are tomorrow! LOL)

puppy

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 4:09 pm
Lol Can I help??

dimyona

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 4:10 pm
I'm going to tell you to go for it Smile. From experience, there's nothing like the playfulness of a puppy to warm your heart. You have a gaping hole, fill it with a puppy. It's cheaper than therapy, and what's the harm?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 4:11 pm
puppy wrote:
Lol Can I help??

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

MrsDash

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 4:16 pm
chani8 wrote:
imasoftov wrote:
amother wrote:

That sounds like me! LOL

I believe one can never have too many pets! Smile

JewishMommyNYC

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:35 pm
I REALLY want a puppy too. My husband said they are not kosher to have. He said it could never enter the kitchen, there are issues of owning a dog and keeping it during Shabbat and finally, a rabbi told him "no way. It is not allowed!"

What should I do? I just want a very small breed. Nothing harmful or dangerous.

Does anyone know if a kosher home permits having a pet dog?

sequoia

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:51 pm
Um, clearly. The OP has a dog; she just wanted another one.

If you look through this section, you will find threads where people post photos of their pets, including dogs. So evidently some frum people have them Smile

Don't think that's gonna impress your husband very much, though.

Happy18

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:54 pm
JewishMommyNYC wrote:
I REALLY want a puppy too. My husband said they are not kosher to have. He said it could never enter the kitchen, there are issues of owning a dog and keeping it during Shabbat and finally, a rabbi told him "no way. It is not allowed!"

What should I do? I just want a very small breed. Nothing harmful or dangerous.

Does anyone know if a kosher home permits having a pet dog?

My parents, a lot of family friends but I don't know if that is helpful to your situation.

JewishMommyNYC

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 10:03 pm
sequoia wrote:
Um, clearly. The OP has a dog; she just wanted another one.

If you look through this section, you will find threads where people post photos of their pets, including dogs. So evidently some frum people have them Smile

Don't think that's gonna impress your husband very much, though.

I got a little ahead of myself when I saw that people on here have spoken about dogs (I'm very new to the site). I'm really excited though. Hopefully I will get a little pup sometime very soon!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets