Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Little Luxuries and Small Upgrades

yamz

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 12:52 am
Have you ever purchased something small or received a little gift which brought you a large amount of joy or pleasure relative to its monetary value? Or maybe you have just upgraded slightly from the most basic model to something just a bit pricier and are so glad that you did? I am specifically referring to small things here, not those fabulous Jimmy Choos you just bought for $700. (Although if you've got a pair, I do hope you are really enjoying them! Very Happy)

Here, I'll start: Our bathmat was looking quite threadbare from one too many washings. I went to the store to replace it and found a perfectly adequate rug for $10. My husband, who was with me, insisted that we buy the one for $15 instead. I thought it was unnecessary, but I was not about to fight over $5, so we bought the $15 bathmat. Well the next morning, when I stepped out from my shower, I got a pleasant little shock -- the rug was so soft and cushy under my feet! It felt so wonderfully luxurious. It's now several months later, and I still get a little rush of pleasure every time I step out onto that bathmat. The extra five dollars turned out to be a very good investment.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 1:36 am
Yes! I have definitely felt this way at times. Just now I can't remember what it was, which is a shame because I sure wouldn't mind repeating the experience.

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 6:07 pm
Good for you, OP! It's lovely to see a person who can derive maximum pleasure from something small. I think we all have our little luxuries that make us feel wonderful, and the beauty of them is precisely that their small price tag allows us to enjoy without guilt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics