Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What goes with whole wheat wraps

rise above

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 5:38 am
don't ask, but for some reason (like a sudden liking and then equally as sudden aversion) I have tons and tons of packages of whole wheat wraps sitting in my freezer. I have to get rid of them before pesach, so I figured I would use them in my mishloach manos and kill 2 birds with one stone Smile

question is , what goes with ww wraps? what else can I put in the mm to make it theme-like but without too much work (I'm a lazy, working full time one Smile )

I was thinking a small container or a can of tuna, salad or something of the sort, but thought maybe some of you creative pple can give me some better ideas.

thanks in advance!

lst

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 5:43 am
mayb a bag of lettuce or a sauce/dip

rise above

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 5:45 am
I live in israel so a mini dip container may not be a bad idea- I can get one of those small to-go size containers of chumus or techina or something like that

lst

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 5:47 am
sounds good! I really like matbucha which they also sell in those little containers, they are yummy with wraps.
where did u get wraps in Israel? and were they decently priced? The only ones I found weren;t whole wheat and were kinda expensive

rise above

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 6:44 am
they dont sell them here, I got them in the usa.
looks like the only wraps they have here are the poco loco ones from some place in europe

lst

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:44 am
yea, those are the ones I got. I actually heard this afternoon that they sell some in beit shemesh, and iyH I will be there over the weekend, im gonna look there...

mumof1

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:15 pm
I smear it with mustard and mayo and put in cold cuts.
I put in lettuce and red onion. I slice it in half diagonally and serve it with chicken fingers and onion rings for dinner.
also, I smear mayo and put in lettuce and tuna salad, and pickles and sliced tomato.
its so good and I serve it with fresh salad and soup.

you can smear it with olive oil sprinkle with garlic powder, and salt. slice it like a pizza bake at 350 for 25 minutes, its delicious! its like garlic bread its great appetizer.
also, I serve it with bruschetta.

Mommastuff

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 1:05 pm
maybe you could send along a little pint conatiner of orange juice or milk, but you'd have to make sure to deliver them quickly and let them know what's inside. (but it might be cold enough to leave out for a little while, too) Wink

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 1:19 pm
if you want to do little containers of chumus or anything, for that matter, I got little plastic containers (the type salad dressing comes in) at the chad pa'ami store by kikar shabbos. then you can just buy wahterever and fill them up, it'll be way cheaper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics