Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Onion juice for ear infections?

shira

Post Sat, Nov 25 2006, 5:18 pm
Has anyone heard of this natural remedy? does it work?
4.5 month old- ear infection #3.....hesitant to start antibiotics AGAIN.....Sad

amother

Post Sat, Nov 25 2006, 6:30 pm
It definitely most does work.
The other remedy that does wonders is garlic. Take a whole clove and gently put into the beginning of the ear opening. Make sure not to push in further. To make a barrier, take a piece of onion "skin", found between onion slices, and place that under the clove.
What the garlic does is act as an anti bacterial agent and it absorbs fluid on the eardrum. The cause for most ear infections.

They might want to move this to the natural parenting section.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 25 2006, 6:40 pm
Other remedies for childhood ear infections are:

A few drops of garlic oil in the ear canal.

Homeopathic remedy Belladonna is beneficial in cases of otitis media, particularly when there is onset of throbbing stabbing pain.

A warm compress on the affected side will ease pain and help to draw out the infection.

shira

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 6:49 am
amother wrote:
It definitely most does work.
The other remedy that does wonders is garlic. Take a whole clove and gently put into the beginning of the ear opening. Make sure not to push in further. To make a barrier, take a piece of onion "skin", found between onion slices, and place that under the clove.
What the garlic does is act as an anti bacterial agent and it absorbs fluid on the eardrum. The cause for most ear infections.

They might want to move this to the natural parenting section.

garlic with the peel or w/o? and how do you get it into a baby's ear?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 8:42 am
Garlic without the peel. You put it into the beginning of the ear opening. That's enough for it to start to absorb the fluid.
One other remedy that works wonders is green clay. Preferably from France. Make a paste with clay and water in a glass or clay bowl, and put it around the ear. The clay absorbs the fluid fast. As soon as it dries, wash it off with water and put on another batch. Take him to the doctor after 2 days to have him check the fluid. It should be mostly gone.
You can put the garlic oil inside the ear when you are putting on the clay.
You can purchase these items at your local health food store

sysr

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 8:06 am
I like to use heated up garlic oil. once I tried it for myself and it didn't work. I was kind of suprised to be even haveing an ear infection as an adult - and then for my garlic oil to not work was terrible.
it ended up that I had a sinus infection!

lotte

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 8:22 am
shira wrote:
Has anyone heard of this natural remedy? does it work?
4.5 month old- ear infection #3.....hesitant to start antibiotics AGAIN.....Sad

I haven't heard of ONION but I did hear and tried GARLIC!
Garlic really did majic to me!
I had an ear infection (my kids had it too)and what I do is I fry lots of garlic cloves in olive oil- low flame until the garlic turns brownish but does not burn.
Then you cool it a little and put the oil from the pan onto small pieces of cotton ball and into the ear.within an hour-mine was gone!

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 10:04 am
thanks 10/11-gonna try it now-I have been on medication for an ear infection and it only seems to have gotten worse. there is very minor pain, but I am definitely feeling it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics