Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Finally reaching the finish line - but more work ahead!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 10:10 am
Its always like this. Lists for cleaning shopping. I organize, clean, shop, clean, and shop some more. Then Erev pesach is here. And though I started cooking motzei shabbos, Im still running a marathon will all kids underfoot! When we are finally done for the seder we feel, whoa! We have done so much in such a long time and all for eight days? I always wonder... Why is Pesach so hard on US women and our men sit like kings at the head of the table??? Why is Pesach so hard bchlal? I am a drained, wrung out washcloth by the zman! Why??? WE should be leading the table rather than shushing the little ones and wiping spills AND serving/cleaning AGAIN!! why are we getting the rough end of the stick?! I am resentful. Yes!

Then comes choel Hamoed and I have to do dinner again sine there's no takeout on Pesach! I feel like there's no end.. Then the second days and the kids are at each others throats and fighting non stop! Where is my vacation??!! I l know Im rambling, I between cooking, ironing, mending and grabbing a bottle of shampoo that my toddler wants to wash my 3 month olds hair with!!! Arggghhh! I needed to vent!!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 11:00 am
I hear ya!!!!! What I learnt over the years is-
Start cooking early! Two days is not enough. I started wednesday the baking and thursday the cooking.
Structure your days with the kids home- for their own goods. I send out my oldest on "errands". He feels good and got to feel productive. Include your kids in the preps. My kids washed all the toys on the porch, squeezed 40 lemons, made ices, and lots more.
Prepare food now for chol hamoed. Cook double and freeze for second days. I made a 2 tone meal loaf for thursday night and froze it raw.

octopus

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 11:41 am
why would you want to run the seder after doing all that. I am always happy to take a step back and let my dh run the seder because I'm soo exhausted. Many times I do end up doing a lot of the exciting/creative stuff anyway because I grew up with a lot of that stuff and dh did not. why do you feel your dh sits back like a king? maybe it's time for him to be more involved. I think my dh works just as hard and maybe even harder (in diff ways) than myself. He does the kitchen and covering over and kashering. he does ALL the grocery shopping. we make menus together. I do the cooking and baking and clean the rest of the house. I do clothing shopping.he does the car. and we help eachother as needed.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 1:06 pm
Love the way u conduct things octopus! Sounds like theres caring and sharing. This is the way it should be...

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 3:29 pm
I kashered last monday, cooked on tuesday, shopped on wednesday, and since thursday Ive been doing the small, easy things. And I have a severely autistic child at home & had to coordinate coverage for him (his aide wasnt feeling well). And I have ADHD and am not a coper. Today all we did was last minute things, and I managed to nap and have been relaxing most of the day. I cut corners, did the minimum, and started early. Motzei shabbos is VERY LATE to start cooking for pesach!

and... ((HUGS))

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 3:51 pm
I feel like throwing up and going to bed instead of having a seder. I am exhausted beyond belief. I have a houseguest who won't stop talking and I can't focus on the last minute things that need doing. ARGHHHH!!!! I have to learn how to manage this holiday better. This is supposed to feel like freedom, not slavery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics