Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Can I make a dessert out of this?

sweetpotato

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 11:39 am
I have apples, matzo meal (not cake meal), white sugar, eggs, oil, cinnamon, almonds and walnuts and baking soda. Can I make a dessert from some of this, perhaps apple crisp? The recipes I've found call for cake meal, so I'm wondering if matzo meal would work instead. Anyone have any suggestions? Almost all my desserts have flopped so far.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 1:38 pm
sweetpotato wrote:
I have apples, matzo meal (not cake meal), white sugar, eggs, oil, cinnamon, almonds and walnuts and baking soda. Can I make a dessert from some of this, perhaps apple crisp? The recipes I've found call for cake meal, so I'm wondering if matzo meal would work instead. Anyone have any suggestions? Almost all my desserts have flopped so far.

I'm sure I've seen sweet matzah kugel recipes with just those ingredients. Yeah, yeah, they're kugels. I call sweet kugels dessert. And if you have vanilla ice cream that can really dress it up. (Not necessary, though.)

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 1:50 pm
do you have a blender/food processor? I'd blend up all the ingredients aside from the apples. try to get a doughy consistency. drop balls/spoonfuls into hot oil and deep fry. peel and slice apples. put a little oil in a large frying pan. add apples, sugar, cinnamon. cook until the apples are soft and gooey. serve them together, possibly warm.

note: I have not tried this. it tastes good in my head Smile

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Apr 19 2014, 9:45 pm
You can whizz matza meal in a blender and get very similar consistency to matza cake meal. Sounds like you have all ingredients needed for Passover apple cake.

Mine is for 2.5 cups cut apples (core, peel and slice about 3 cooking or tart-eating apples) 1.5cup matza cake meal, 1/2 cup ground almond, 1 teasp baking soda, 1 teasp cinnamon, 3/4cup sugar (use more if using cooking apple), 4 eggs (no need to separate), 1/2 cup plus 1tbsp oil.

ila

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 2:40 am
Pessach cake (optional nut cake) 6 egg whites beat well and than add a cup of sugar Put the mixer in slow, add 6 yolks, a little bit less then half a cup of sweet wine, a tea spoon of baking powder if you have, ground nuts and last a cup of matzo meal or matzo cake meal, if you are not using nuts add 3 spoons of oil, sorry dont know amount of nuts... Bake in a preheated oven 350 until you try with a toothpick and is clean, more or less 45 min. ( took my electric oven much longer) Beteavon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics