Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best and Worst
1  2  Next

1stimer

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 10:03 am
What is your favorite/least favorite housekeeping task?

My least favorite is sponja. It is a unique israeli form of torture. About it it is written, he who has not done sponja in his life has not experienced work.

My favorite: I can't think of anything at the moment... LOL

Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 10:47 am
funny thread!!

I don't mind laundry (I am sure freilich remembers Wink ), I dislike almost everything else, and yes, sponga is torture!
least of all would be cleaning toilets and ironing!

miriam

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 11:34 am
Folding laundry is no problem. The clothing gets nicely folded and placed in laundry baskets and then nothing happens after that. I have such a hard time actually putting the clothing away in drawers. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. Yesterday I put away three weeks worth of clothing. It felt so good. I wish I could remember that feeling everytime I do laundry.

1stimer

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 11:57 am
Quote:
least of all would be cleaning toilets and ironing!

I also don't like ironing, it's a tough call between that and sponja for least favorite. when we first got married dh would do ironing and in exchange I would do sponja, then we changed over and now we've changed again. Can't decide which one I hate more!

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 12:26 pm
Laundry and vacuming incl mopping I don't mind. But I hate to do windows and mirrors and dishes, or peeling tons of veg for pesach Mad (I do enjoy cooking and baking though). But I hate dirty dishes lying around even more!!! Oh well part of life has to get done !

Sunshine

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 8:02 pm
My 3 least favorite things are: cleaning the bathroom(toilet majorly), dishes(make my hands dry and gross) and ironing(I iron usually the day I decide to wear s/t I can't do a whole pile at once- too frusterating.)

imaamy

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 10:00 pm
I dont like showers/tubs. It is hard to get the best angle to scrub, and as much as I do it doesn't look brand-new!!

Sunshine

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 10:04 pm
What is spunja? Is that cleaning with a sponge?

curlyhead

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 11:52 pm
most housework I find boring and tedious. but ironing and the bathrooms are the worst. ironing is just boring.
I enjoy organizing and decluttering. That is the best part of pesach cleaning.
I find listening to torah tapes helps me get into housework

sarahd

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 4:32 am
I like cooking and baking. I hate everything else. That covers it, I believe. Very Happy

Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 4:47 am
sponga is cleaning the floor with a mob, or whatever you call it Confused

1stimer - that's great team work!!

my husband also listens to Torah tapes when he irons....

supermom

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 4:57 am
sponja is a form of mopping your floors it is a shmate put on a squeje not sure how to spell it. if you ever watched people how they clean those windows in the stores well it is like that but much bigger. you dump water all over the room and scrub your room with a broom or if you want with your shmate connected and then you sponge it all out of the room a pain in the neck and back breaking job!!! after that you wipe off the extra water with the shmate so no one slips and breaks their arms or legs. I hate it it is the worst housekeeping job I have ever done.

princessmommy

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 5:19 am
sponja is rough- but I would have to go with toilets and ironing for the worst.
I do enjoy folding laundry though- its sort of relaxing in a weird way.

1stimer

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 10:10 am
Quote:
after that you wipe off the extra water with the shmate so no one slips and breaks their arms or legs

I had to laugh at the way u worded that. the real reason is, of course, u dry it so noone steps in it and makes it all dirty, when u realise u will have to do sponja again, their arms or legs might get broken... LOL

1stimer

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 10:11 am
pearl wrote:
sponga is cleaning the floor with a mob

wld probably make it easier...

Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 10:31 am
LOL!!!
and supermom, that description just brought back so many memories Wink

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 10:32 am
My cleaning lady once every 2 weeks gets on her hands and knees to mop my floor. I'm lazy, besides I don't get paid what she gets paid so I just use a mop!! Wink

Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 10:41 am
[
Quote:
quote="freilich"] besides I don't get paid what she gets paid so I just use a mop!! Wink
[/quote]

LOL LOL !

supermom

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 6:39 am
1stimer wrote:
Quote:
after that you wipe off the extra water with the shmate so no one slips and breaks their arms or legs

I had to laugh at the way u worded that. the real reason is, of course, u dry it so noone steps in it and makes it all dirty, when u realise u will have to do sponja again, their arms or legs might get broken... LOL

actually if someone steps in it after I clean can't do anything about it but just give a humph. once I was walking on a wet floor after it has been sponged "clean" there were still puddles on the floor that with my eyes I couldn't see it. I almost could have killed myself. so swipping the water out for saftey yup is better then ruining my hard work floors that I cleaned.

Sunshine

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 2:38 pm
You mean you don't have mops in Israel? shock
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry