Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Would u hire S/O who wants to bring her 3 month baby 2 work?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 8:47 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
The 3 month old baby will quickly turn into a 4 month/5 month/6 month old. I think that neither the work nor the baby get the attention they need with such a setup.

Are you willing to contribute partly for babysitting? It might be worth it for you in terms of the amount of work accomplished.

I am not willing to pay babysitting. This isn't my expense. I pay competitively based on the job not on the employee's situation.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 9:06 pm
I bring my toddler to work, as I have done since he was born. It has only worked because my boss loves him and doesn't want to train anyone else in to take my place. She has patiently put up with my needing to feed him and hold him and give him attention. I do get paid for all of the time I'm there, so sometimes I used to clock out early if I felt I had wasted more time than usual on the baby.

I only work very part time, and I make my own hours. There were some days that I went to work and saw it just wasn't working out, so I left and came back the next day instead. And my baby is quite an easy going kid. With a harder baby, that would have been impossible. And I can't see doing it full time. It just wouldn't work for me.

wife2

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 1:52 am
I think there is an app that lets you press start and stop during breaks and then you can do that throughout the day and it tallies it up for you at the end.

I didn't do that though since I don't have a fancy phone. I wouldn't write the time of day, just the time it took (10 or 15 min). I had a spreadsheet open with the time and I would just quickly add whatever time after I nursed, changed diaper, etc. Every 5 minutes added up so I just added at the end of the day and deducted from my time whatever the total hours and minutes missed were.

Again, you can be forgiving with this. You can ask her to estimate if it is too hard to keep track. She can average if it was 20 minutes or an hour a day.

But make it clear FROM THE START that if there is a problem, she will find a daycare immeditaely and not take her time finding one.

DrMom

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 2:55 am
No way.

zaq

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 3:25 am
Absolutely not. Too many reasons to list.

ssbarnes

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 8:13 am
If she has the qualifications that you are looking for, I recommend a probation period in which you can let her go for any reason.

Every baby is different. I brought DS1 to work with me. I worked part time and he napped from 1-5 (until the day he started kindergarten). With DS2, I tried to put him in a day care center that was on the same block as my office and it didn't work. He would cry the entire time. So I tried bringing him with me and it worked b/c he was content in his pak & play and I could nurse on demand. I left that job when he was 9 months old because we were moving out of state.

I am not saying that it can work for every employer, employee or child. It also depends on the demands of the job.

Lady Bug

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 9:00 am
Can I please have the job? You sound like a really easy boss.

JerseyShore

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 1:09 pm
I have always intentionally tried to hire mothers with young children at home.

We have a "virtual" office, mainly computer work.

I find that mothers who are working at home put in more hours, work harder and smarter and are dedicated employees.

For us, this has been very successful.

For 15 years I also worked with my own young children playing in the office or nursing while I worked on the computer.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics