Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does health benefits justify work?
Previous  1  2

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 3:13 pm
Hey,
I've appreciated all the responses. I am in the process now of applying to jobs. Our insurance runs out in Aug, so hopefully I can find something decent before then. My husband and I talked and it looks like due to the flexible scheduling of his job we may be able to only need 3 days of day care...I dont think that is so bad. I already have a spot for DD for Sept in a day care, but I am sure I can move it up to August if need be.
This isnt what we wanted, but what can you do.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 4:24 pm
your question is actually very interesting because I have an aquaintance that told me that she and her husband were going to be waiting to even try to have children until they are out of school because they do not have any health insurance at the moment.......

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 4:32 pm
They need it for themselves, too . . . .

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 4:37 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
They need it for themselves, too . . . .

I know. this thread had to do with children so I brought up something else having to do with health insurance and kids. to me its also backwards chocolate moose, I agree with you, I was just giving you another side of the same kind of coin.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 4:50 pm
In most circumstances, ppl don't seriously need health care until they're in their 30's.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 4:53 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
In most circumstances, ppl don't seriously need health care until they're in their 30's.

WHAT ABOUT MATERNITY????????????????????????????????

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 5:00 pm
I can't imagine being without insurance. In the past couple months alone I've had an echocardiogram, gone to the doctor twice, and had blood work done. I have to go for more blood work in a couple months AND have an ultrasound (or something like that) of my thyroid, AND followup again with the doctor.

I'm very healthy - but things come up all the time that are best to get checked out, and since I have insurance I can go ahead and be safe instead of sorry.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 5:04 pm
that is what INSURANCE is. So you can be safe rather then sorry.
Even if you only use it minimally, you know it's there, IN CASE.
And what doctors charge these days, even minimal use would save you from paying astronomical fees.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 5:18 pm
But maternity you know is coming. For that, youprob. can get inexpensive community council type health care.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 5:20 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
But maternity you know is coming. For that, youprob. can get inexpensive community council type health care.

inexpensive still costs money. and any health care that includes maternity, from what I've heard, is expensive.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 5:25 pm
okay....could be.

actually definitely, which is why I always worked!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 9:02 am
I cant even imagine not having health coverage. here in israel, I know that many and/or most docs wont even see patients that do not have coverage.
and what if you just need an appt with a doc to get a sick note for work. why should that cost you an arm and a leg when, if you are covered, it costs very little. I know here a docs visit, on my health insurance, costs about 5 shekels.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 12:40 pm
I think we all agree that health insurance is desirable Exclamation That's not what shosh asked! She asked whether she should sacrifice raising her child herself in order to have health benefits!

Shosh, my DH said that if being the exclusive caretaker of your child is extremely important to you (you are clearly ambivalent about this since you write, "this isn't what we wanted") then you should sincerely daven to Hashem (fax a letter to the Kosel) and say: Hashem, I want to take care of my baby! Yes I don't want to have other people caring for her, but we need health insurance! Help! Help

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
I think we all agree that health insurance is desirable Exclamation That's not what shosh asked! She asked whether she should sacrifice raising her child herself in order to have health benefits!

Shosh, my DH said that if being the exclusive caretaker of your child is extremely important to you (you are clearly ambivalent about this since you write, "this isn't what we wanted") then you should sincerely daven to Hashem (fax a letter to the Kosel) and say: Hashem, I want to take care of my baby! Yes I don't want to have other people caring for her, but we need health insurance! Help! Help

I think we all agree that health insurance is a NECESSITY - not "desirable".
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics