Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What's the most wierd thing that has happened to you today?
Previous  1  2

iamawife

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 12:42 pm
sorry cindy

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 12:44 pm
Smiles wrote:
cindy324 wrote:
You know what's the weirdest thing that happened to me yesterday ???

I only spent 20 minutes, from walking in to standing on line to taking care of business in the Brooklyn Social Security Office shock shock

Now if you live here, you know that's a record!!!

Wow, last time I was there It took me 5 hours!!

Wow I'am starting to see some comparisons with the British NHS services they both love having people hanging around doing nothing for hours. Wink

happy2beme

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 12:47 pm
cindy, which office? is it in downtown brooklyn? if so, we could've met! it's right by my office!

wow- that's a record! here's to another adar miracle Wink

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 11:36 pm
Yes it's the new office on Fulton street. Supposedly it's the first of its kind in the entire USA, and they're testing it out right here in Brooklyn.

You walk in, stand in line, which looked a bit long to me, but don't let it fool you Wink There are like a million windows, with a person behind almost all of them shock (Don't you hate it when you walk into the bank or post office and there are 8 windows and only 2 people are working, with a line practically out the door? )And you know what else, this was the second government office I've been to in one week, and it seems the employees got an attitude adjustment! everybody is so polite, even the security guards, who used to be nasty, and yell at you if you pushed your chair in too loud, they were smiling and saying good morning, asked if they can help when I seemed lost, saying have a nice day with a smile upon me leaving...I tell ya maybe they got threatened if they're not nice or something, but something definitely went down to keep them in line.

mumoo

Post Fri, Mar 02 2007, 12:53 am
Because I have a children's gemach, there are ALWAYS donated bags and boxes on my porch. When I left there were 2 boxes, a suitcase and three bags. When I came home those were gone, but there were 9 different bags (of better stuff, b"H). Dh said he saw a salvation army truck on the block today, so I figured they toook it. Later a woman, watching me take in the bags asks if I put stuff out today for the Army. I assumed she was a neighbor, trying to be nice and told the truck to take it. In fact, she lives a few blocks away but she said she had put out bags but the truck didn't take them.

Ima'la

Post Fri, Mar 02 2007, 1:16 am
jewishmamathebest wrote:
Today has been the most wierdest day? Firstly I lost my car keys this morning. Then a whole load of other things happened which I cannot remember now. But the most strange thing that happened tio me today is the following.
We have two pet rabbits in the garden. I was on the phone to the butcher when all of a sudden I shout down the phone the rabbit's running up the garden. I shouted what should I do? He screamed go and get it. So I went running around the garden in the rain trying to get our escaped rabbit, it was probably quite a sight!!! Wink In the end I got hold a giant plant pot and stuck that on top of it. Then I had to go and find the other one. I went running around the garden trying to find it. I decided to go to the front garden to see if I could find it. The butcher delivery man was at the front door and I asked him in a panick if he had seen a rabbit he said around the side of the house. So I went to see it saw me and went under the fence back into the back garden. Bh it went into the hutch. The poor bewilded delivery man was standing there with the meat getting soaked.
So I took the meat and then wonder how on earth I'am going to get the other rabbit, in the end I just grabbed it and cuddled it and took it back to the hutch. As I did that it really scratched me. Anyway they are all safe and sound now asleep in their hutch.

Well what a day, losing keys, nearly losing two rabbits, making 9lbs of challah dough, making hamantashion and kreplach. I started the day in a really bad mood now I'am just laughing about my day.

So what was your day like?

Well, OF COURSE the rabbits got nervous when they heard you on the phone to the butcher! Did you explain to them that they are not kosher and they have nothing to worry about? I bet that will calm them down! Wink

cindy324

Post Fri, Mar 02 2007, 11:33 am
Ima'la LOL LOL LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics