Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
HELP!!!!

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 5:24 am
I'm trying to night train my four and a half. We've been doing it since the beginning of January. For the first few weeks it wa great he was waking up by himself. We also take him at least once if not twice during the night. Over the last week it has gone pear shaped. Even before we manage to take him to the toilet after just two hours of being asleep he wakes up really wet. I'am having to change and wash his duvet every single day. The room stinks. I got a urine pot so I'am going to send in a sample to rule out an UTI. He is dry in the day and has not BH started to have accidents that's what makes me think that he has not got a UTI. He does not drink loads before he goes to bed. He also goes to the toilet before he goes to bed. Has anyone got any ideas? We're trying awards but it does not work. Also he seems to be a very deep sleeper.

technic

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 7:04 am
ok...deep sleeper is a problem cos he sleeps thru the sensations...1st of all its not considered a med prob (cvs) till theyre abt 7 I think, but of course its a problem for you Sad

2ndly - what we did was cut down on fluids closer 2 bedtime...so 4 several hrs b4 cut his fluid intake....if it doesnt go in it cant come out!!! and then if u wake him maybe twice instead of once...hatzlacha Very Happy

raizy

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 12:36 am
forget it till the child is really ready to be trained at night it will not happen. one they can be very deep sleepers. two. it is easyier to put on a pullup till they are good and ready. I hate wet sheets . I dont have time to change the sheets every day. so I train in two stages day and night. once they have mastered the day part. I start asking them if they want to go to the toilet at night . if they say yes then fine. we take them once or twise a night and they are fine with that.

my third kid just begining of this winter trained himselve at night. we ran out of pullup and we asked him do u want to try and go to the bathroom instead of pullup he said yes. and was and is still dry every night. he does go to the bathroom once a night.

I train early at 2 yrs old. u cant expect a 2 yr old to remember to go to the bathroom at night. so I do it in two stages.

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 6:03 pm
Thanks for your responses but the situation has not improved. Raizy my son is nearly 5 years old so we are not talking about a 2 year old. Some nights he does fine like last night but some nights he wets himself only an hour after he has gone to bed. We wake him up then and take him to the toilet, then we wake him up again maybe 2 hours later and he can be wet again. Then in the morning he can be wet again. So I feel like I am always washing sheets at the moment. I was talking to my Health Visitor and she said it could be something to do with them not having enought to drink during the day in school. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this. I need advice quick, thanks.

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 5:46 am
jewishmamathebest wrote:
she said it could be something to do with them not having enought to drink during the day in school. .

Good point. Speak to his teachers and mention that you would like them to keep a rough guide as to how much he is drinking throughout the day.

jewishmamathebest wrote:
Has anyone else ever had a problem like this.

Help Banging head Compress Rolling Laughter Banging head Yes Help But I think we've turned a corner, bli ayin hora.

jewishmamathebest wrote:
I need advice quick, thanks.

No caffeinated drinks. Plastic sheets. Pull-ups from lidl (we call them bed-pants, not nappies). Don't tell him off or let him see how upset you get by the situation, it's not within his control. Limit drinks after supper (but only if he's had enough during the day). Do not put the child to sleep on the top bunk Wink
(Ah, isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!?)

MOM222

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 7:43 pm
You can place a plastic garbage bag over the middle of the bed and place another sheet on top. Then if he does have an accident you only have to pull off the top sheet and the bed is all ready for sleep again.

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 12:55 pm
mummy-bh wrote:
jewishmamathebest wrote:
she said it could be something to do with them not having enought to drink during the day in school. .

Good point. Speak to his teachers and mention that you would like them to keep a rough guide as to how much he is drinking throughout the day..

Both his morning and afternoon teachers have been away this week. I had a chat with them yesterday and they were good with it they made him drink. Today was not to good.

jewishmamathebest wrote:
Has anyone else ever had a problem like this.

Help Banging head Compress Rolling Laughter Banging head Yes Help But I think we've turned a corner, bli ayin hora..[/quote]

Well BH for that.

jewishmamathebest wrote:
I need advice quick, thanks.

No caffeinated drinks. Plastic sheets. Pull-ups from lidl (we call them bed-pants, not nappies). Don't tell him off or let him see how upset you get by the situation, it's not within his control. Limit drinks after supper (but only if he's had enough during the day). Do not put the child to sleep on the top bunk Wink
(Ah, isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!?)[/quote]

No bunk beds here so at least we do not have that problem. I'am trying to stay calm but with having to change him at least twice a night is starting to really get me down now. We have a plastic sheet on his bed already but thanks MOM222 and mummy BH for that idea.

raizy

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 11:31 pm
help!! my sond who trained himselve at 4 yrs is starting to wet again his sheet only at night.

now my policy is put him back to pullups. yet my hubby doesnt want. and my son doesnt want.

my hubby claims he will take him to the toilet. it only happens if he is home at that hr. otherwise it all is up to me.

also he wanted his bottle back at night. and I was so tired at night. my hubby was out of town for one week that I gave it to him.

so what should I do.? take away the bottle and then wait and see what will happen. and maybe make my dh stick to his end of the bargain.

I will let u knwo what will happen.

he wet his bed last night. and he changed himselve all bye himselve. but he slept on the covers and the sheets didnt get wet only the covers.ahahh I hate wet sheets covers etc. I rather he just wear a pull up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training