Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
SO, what did you dress up as?

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 10:22 pm
My kids were the coolest in town, I dressed them as statue of liberty. I had a different ensemble every hour, that’s the best part of Purim. And you?

JMto2

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 10:54 pm
I sewed my kids strawberry shortcake they looked adorable.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 11:50 pm
I tried to dress up like an alcholic ........ but it didn't work ....................... What

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 11:51 pm
withhumor - what were u doing sitting on the porch all cold ...............??????????????

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 7:07 am
I was a chinese lady. But I could only find a kimono type thing that was tznius so I wore that, together with a long black wig. I got a lot of compliments on the wig - maybe I should go black!

Somebody asked me if I was a geisha. embarrassed

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 8:35 am
My husband and I put on army shirts and black skirt/pants. That was it and on my wig I rolled a green tichel around my forehead. Nothing major but it looked good.

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 10:08 am
Green, no we had lovely weather. I bundled my kids up UNDER the costumes and they got a lot of attention. We went to the area in Brooklyn where we had a great view of the city skyline and the Brooklyn bridge and we took beautiful pictures.

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 10:11 am
withhumor wrote:
Green, no we had lovely weather. I bundled my kids up UNDER the costumes and they got a lot of attention. We went to the area in Brooklyn where we had a great view of the city skyline and the Brooklyn bridge and we took beautiful pictures.

Okay - you must have been drunk - that looks like NJ not NY certainly not bklyn - and you sent me a pic of a "dummy" sitting on the porch - LOL - that's who I was talking about - Your kiddies looked absolutely marvelous as the statue of liberties - I especially liked the green face

shanie5

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 10:12 am
dh was moshe and me and kids were [most of] the 10 makos!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 10:25 am
I was a barrista and a few ppl asked to take mypicture!

IntroducingYael

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:32 am
Moo was Mickey Mouse (and so cute I didn't want to take his costume off at the end of the day). Hubby wore a Hawaian shirt and I wore a disney T-shirt and all of my disney Pins on suspenders with a denim skirt and sneakers - we were tourists.

Younger Me

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 1:23 pm
we should have a photo gallery of all the cute costumes! who's in?

cl

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:41 am
killy what did u n ur kids dress up as?
DH was a chosson, I was a kalla an DS was a bridesmaid. The MM was wrapped in blue n white netting with organza ribbon and the table-ware for our seuda all had bridal designs on in silver n blue...

Younger Me

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 12:27 pm
cl, check your email, I actually sent you pictures...
I made my daughter's costume, she was a clown, it came out adorable, and I made part of my and DH's costumes too.
DH was a magician, I was a 1920's flapper (but I matched him) and kid#1 Clown, kid#2 Minnie mouse. MM was a black top hat with red tissue paper and red white and black items in it.

yersp

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 1:19 pm
I wore a fall (actually, it was a reg sheitel worn pulled a bit back than I usually do with a band on top!!) I got compliments, but nope, sorry, falls are not for me.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 1:23 pm
You are all so imaginative!

My kids just had some funny accessories, like googly eyes eyeglasses, and big nose: squeezy bulbs that squeak, my daughter tied curling ribbon all over her hair, and my past bar mitzvah bochur put a fancy paper top hat over his own.

for the megillah reading he had wrapped a red shalach monos shiny bow around his hat. Someone asked him if he was giving himself away for shalach monos. Little did he know that that's what I was thinking of doing - JK! Wink

(I really sent him for "shalach monos" one year to my mother for two days before Pesach, when he was about five, to separate him from his little sister, so I could get ready for bedikas chometz)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics