Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Any fun ideas for Chol Hamoed Pesach in Israel?

sarah007

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:46 am
IY"H we are going to be staying with my inlaws in Israel for Pesach and I was looking for fun ideas for where to take the kids during chol hamoed. Anyone have any suggestions?

shalhevet

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 3:16 pm
How old are your children, where will you be staying, and are you interested in expensive ideas too?

timeout

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 4:27 pm
We went to the Zoo in yerushalayim it was great both my children enjoyed.

They had some activities in the old city up the long stairs next to the Kotel arts and crafts and puppet show.

There is a mall in Yerushalayim that has this bunny hut that the kids can go in.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 4:50 pm
How much chol hamoed is there this year?

lst

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 2:42 am
thereis not so much chol hamoed, especially for those not living in israel. chag is tuesday (and wednesday for chutznikim) chol hamoed is then thursday, friday (erev shabbat), shabbat and then sunday is erev chag again. the only full days are wednesday, if keeping one day, and thursday.

depending on the ages of your children, the weather is usually beautiful over pesach and there are great hikes all over the country. they have all different level hikes, even short, easy ones. and this country is gorgeous so I would reccommend that.
as someonelse said, the zoo in yerushalayim but it tends to be crowded on chagim. if u or ur children have never seen this then the kotel tunnels and the excavations around the old city. if transportation is not a problem theres mini israel, which is cute, u can even do that on friday or erev chag.

sarah007

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 3:37 pm
Thanks for your ideas so far! Children are ages 5, 4 and 3. Expensive is kinda relative I guess... I mean I'm willing to travel throughout the country and pay the fee entrances for things if not too excessive, especially if it entertains the kids. I forgot to mention I'll be there a week after Pesach as well! True there is very little actual chol hamoed days. Is it ok to take kids on Kotel tunnel tours? I've never been myself!

lst

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 4:35 pm
THey might be a bit young for it but I'd say take them anyway. They have very patient tour guides who can explain things on their level, and you can explain as you walk as well. Its not more than 2 hours at the most. It is very worthwhile!

Hikes are usually free, and they really have such beautiful ones up north. There are definitely more things to do, there is a kangaroo park near Beit Shan, where the kids can play with kangaroos and there is a small zoo as well. There is also a monkey safari type of thing near Modi'in, near Mini Israel.
On the way to the Dead Sea there is a place called Eretz Bireishit, which is a drop boring for adults, but kids seem to really like it. You can search for it on google-Genesis Land. The kids get to meet Avraham Avinu, and ride on camels to his tent. They can bake pita's etc.

There is definitely more, Ill let you konw as soon as I think of them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics